Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Toy Story 4 is set for release June 2019. Let's hope this doesn't coincide with that.

Reactions: Joel
Rumblings are the first pieces of track for the slinky coaster are in place. Apparently it's only 3 pieces and at what will be the station, which makes sense as a place to start given all the electrical and programming that needs to happen.

Guess we'll see whenever we get new aerials.

Rumblings are the first pieces of track for the slinky coaster are in place. Apparently it's only 3 pieces and at what will be the station, which makes sense as a place to start given all the electrical and programming that needs to happen.

Guess we'll see whenever we get new aerials.

Thanks for the update, I am expecting the construction on TSL to progress super fast due to simplicaty of park design and especially with the announcement of SWL opening 2019 then I expect this to open next year, that makes a new land opening for the next three years for Disney giving people more reason to visit each year rather than wait for SWL which seems the most logical approach for repeat revenue. Looking forward to the next lot of aerials we get.

Reactions: Nick
Late 2017 opening: Doubt it
Early/Spring 2018: Definitely

What's going to suck is that TSMM will have to shut down for a couple of days to make new queue work.

Reactions: Nick
Late 2017 opening: Doubt it
Early/Spring 2018: Definitely

What's going to suck is that TSMM will have to shut down for a couple of days to make new queue work.
TSMM closed for a 1 day refurbishment to help with connecting the 3rd track early last year. I doubt any closure will be all that lengthy considering the new queue is being built on land that isn't occupied by guests currently, so it should almost just be like flipping a switch. A closure may not even be needed.

TSMM closed for a 1 day refurbishment to help with connecting the 3rd track early last year. I doubt any closure will be all that lengthy considering the new queue is being built on land that isn't occupied by guests currently, so it should almost just be like flipping a switch. A closure may not even be needed.
They already removed the Mr. Potato Man right? I think this can easily be done overnight. Just tear down a wall and all is set.

Reactions: Joel and Nick
When I was in the parks at the end of January a TM who has been there for 5-10 years was talking in great length about TSL and SWL. He did mention that all the track for Slinky is currently completed and that they are aiming to have all work done by the 50th anniversary which would make sense given the timelines already posted in both threads. I took it with a grain of salt but he really made it seem he knew exactly what was coming/going and some part of the timing.

When I was in the parks at the end of January a TM who has been there for 5-10 years was talking in great length about TSL and SWL. He did mention that all the track for Slinky is currently completed and that they are aiming to have all work done by the 50th anniversary which would make sense given the timelines already posted in both threads. I took it with a grain of salt but he really made it seem he knew exactly what was coming/going and some part of the timing.

There's no way in hell the track for Slinky is done.

Here's my video and photo report from Hollywood Studios this month. For the first time, I actually got to see... actual construction! It's amazing I know. Looks like the Slinky Dog coaster building is going up, although it's not too easy to see with new work walls up in the breezeway that will eventually become the entrance to Toy Story Land.

I for one am excited for this new land. Looks like the longest family coaster in Orlando (like Barnstormer on steroids) and we could use that. It works for Legoland!

Full post with lots more pics and info: Hollywood Studios Update: Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land Construction and Starring Rolls Cafe Closed Forever – Orlando ParkStop

Video:

Photo Highlights:

Welcome to PIXAR Studios! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this street is going to go back to being Cast Members only when TSL opens, right?
P1090639.jpg

Just to the right of that, is what I believe will be the actual entrance to TSL, between Toy Story Mania and that old Jack Sparrow attraction:
P1090641.jpg

Just over that wall, you can see the Slinky Dog coaster queue/load building starting to go up:
01646.MTS_.Still004.jpg

As seen in top-right of the concept art:
thumbnail_TSL-Overview.jpg

It might not be much to look at, but at least it's actual construction, yay!
P1090645.jpg

At the end of Pixar Place street:
P1090652.jpg

Cranes in their natural habitat:
P1090650.jpg

Big 'ol berm being created to separate Star Wars from Toy Story Land:
P1090647.jpg

Soon, the dirt will be much higher than the fence!
P1090648.jpg