Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think we're being really optimistic with time frames here. Look at SDMT construction as an example. Yes, that's not an identical project (should be noted the huge issue of it being an isolated work site) but the timeline should be similar. I don't think this opens till spring 2019 but I'm pessimistic with WDW construction timetables.

I see no evidence to suggest that you aren't correct. They are habitually slow, without any reason or excuse.

I see no evidence to suggest that you aren't correct. They are habitually slow, without any reason or excuse.
If it was a more complex project then I would agree.

However, there's absolutely NO rock work within this land (which is what historically takes Disney a long time to complete). TSL is much more on par with Storybook Circus rather than anything more complex they've done lately.

This is something Six Flags could do in a few months...
-Coaster with exposed supports
-No rock work
-Flat ride that already exists
-landscaping
-and props

Come on Disney...

I was thinking that. This isn't much more than most regional parks do in an offseason.

Reactions: Andysol
If it was a more complex project then I would agree.

However, there's absolutely NO rock work within this land (which is what historically takes Disney a long time to complete). TSL is much more on par with Storybook Circus rather than anything more complex they've done lately.
Yea, the intricate rock work is what took so long on 7 Dwarfs Coaster. I'm thinking late spring/ summer 2018. Pretty basic, very simple project. It's not intricate, as SWL will be.

If this project is $250m then Disney is screwed, they'll never make up these investments. Diagon proper and Gringotts was a little higher than that cost for reference.

I say 2019 because we don't have a date yet and Disney loves to spread construction costs over as many quarters as they can.

If this project is $250m then Disney is screwed, they'll never make up these investments. Diagon proper and Gringotts was a little higher than that cost for reference.

I say 2019 because we don't have a date yet and Disney loves to spread construction costs over as many quarters as they can.
Just like Avatar, they'll never make up a billion on that either. These cost issues are killing Disney. Jay Stein (Universal Exec.) talked about those issues in 1980's and 1990's Disney. They haven't changed. In fact, they've probably got worst. Imagine what kind of land Universal could build for 1 billion dollars? Their concept of a small UC and extremely competitive bidding for most of the services remains a superior system to the out of control Disney Imagineering. Remains to be seen whether Disney's recent changes in Imagineering will have anything but a minimal effect on outrageous costs.

D23 Expo is in July... we'll get a date there. Also we didn't get a date for Avatar until just 2 months ago in November.

Technically, this will open in 2018. Pandora is the big 2017 land.

Don't be surprised if this is in "softs" during the Holidays 2017 with an official opening in the Spring '18.
The park needs all the capacity it can get so Holidays this year (for softs) would make sense if they can swing it.

Latest aerial shots of Toy story land from Mickey Xtreme, he has also finally has his own blog so direct link below for reference, I have embedded the photos from his blog:

New Aerials of Star Wars and Toy Story Land from Hollywood Studios

01312017TSL3.jpg
01312017TSL2.jpg
01312017TSL1.jpg

Have there been any updates on the whole bulldozing a way through to Toy Story Land pathway/route?
The rumor is still that the Jack Sparrow building will be bulldozed (from @Marni1971 and others). Not sure why they didn't do it while they were on a bulldozing spree, but i've heard nothing to suggest that the plan has changed.

The rumor is still that the Jack Sparrow building will be bulldozed (from @Marni1971 and others). Not sure why they didn't do it while they were on a bulldozing spree, but i've heard nothing to suggest that the plan has changed.

Probably using it to block sightlines during construction. At least I can see the footings for a wall in front of the parking garage