Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep... I have a feeling we may see a mural on the side of the parking garage and a plethora of trees in between as well. As for the coaster view like @epcyclopedia alluded to... You'll be able to see World Drive from that thing too. There's somethings you just can't hide from people seeing when you build a coaster like that.
I can just imagine a picture of Andy's house straight from the movie, so bland...

Reactions: Nick
Biroeconstruct latest photos, twitter posts for reference and large photos below:

Cy2YYCLUQAA8fze.jpg:large
Cy2cFvKVEAApmsl.jpg:large
Cy2cHkvUkAAu4LU.jpg:large
Cy2cI59UkAE18IP.jpg:large

Threw this together. It's certainly not perfect and it's probably a bit out of scale on some things, but the land seems to be pretty easy to map out at this point.

71Ftxvy.jpg

Here's what each number represents:

1. Entrance to the land (where the Jack Sparrow building currently sits... it has been said that this entrance will be one of the narrowest walkways in the park)
2. TSMM Exit. Martin has pointed out that this will actually be more in the area of #8.
3. TSMM Queue
4. The two area's marked with this number will be the Alien Swirling Saucer ride and have two sides of spinners. The arrow at the top is the entrance to the indoor queue building, marked #5.
5. As stated above, the Alien Queue
6. The entirety of this space is what will make up the Slinky Dog Dash coaster (and likely some backstage space too)
7. Load/Unload platform along with queue (multi-story). The arrow pointing in that direction will be the entrance to the queue. The arrow pointing toward #3 (TSMM queue) is the exit path from the coaster.
8. Quick Service location and gift shop

Also note the arrows down by #8... that will be the "Tunnel" leading you into Star Wars Land.

The photo that bio took from the chopper is basically from the complete opposite direction... this is from the way you will be entering.
Toy%2BStory%2BLand%2BDHS%2BPixar%2BPost.jpg

Last edited:
Threw this together. It's certainly not perfect and it's probably a bit out of scale on some things, but the land seems to be pretty easy to map out at this point.

71Ftxvy.jpg

Here's what each number represents:

1. Entrance to the land (where the Jack Sparrow building currently sits... it has been said that this entrance will be one of the narrowest walkways in the park)
2. TSMM Exit. Martin has pointed out that this will actually be more in the area of #8.
3. TSMM Queue
4. The two area's marked with this number will be the Alien Swirling Saucer ride and have two sides of spinners. The arrow at the top is the entrance to the indoor queue building, marked #5.
5. As stated above, the Alien Queue
6. The entirety of this space is what will make up the Slinky Dog Dash coaster (and likely some backstage space too)
7. Load/Unload platform along with queue (multi-story). The arrow pointing in that direction will be the entrance to the queue. The arrow pointing toward #3 (TSMM queue) is the exit path from the coaster.
8. Quick Service location and gift shop

Also note the arrows down by #8... that will be the "Tunnel" leading you into Star Wars Land.

The photo that bio took from the chopper is basically from the complete opposite direction... this is from the way you will be entering.
Toy%2BStory%2BLand%2BDHS%2BPixar%2BPost.jpg

excellent work!

Wow, it's actually starting to look like something more than just dirt. They might actually get this done before 2020, but I'm not holding my breath...

Here's a slightly updated version with the correct TSMM exit path and more defined pathways. I know it's a bit messy, but I don't do photo editing much so i'm working with Microsoft Paint :lol:
sKjtnuF.jpg

summer 2018
With how far along it has come in just a matter of months (which is the hard work on a project like this tbh), I really see no reason why they shouldn't be able to get this open next year.

BUT, I agree, although i'm thinking it will be Spring 2018.

Reactions: Dan B
If we're judging similar sized projects by Disney over the past few years this won't be open till 2019.
Similar size like what? This is on par with the barnstormer and Dumbo, which opened just over a year after closing ToonTown.

It's extremely fast to put up a no frills coaster and a spinner.

Reactions: SkiBum
I pretty impressed with how this project seems to be coming along, granted I m no construction expert but you can see clear progress with each new aerial we get.

Also, thanks @Next Big Thing ,your diagram may be a tad messy but it maps out the land perfectly, nice work sir.

Reactions: Dan B
I pretty impressed with how this project seems to be coming along, granted I m no construction expert but you can see clear progress with each new aerial we get.

Also, thanks @Next Big Thing ,your diagram may be a tad messy but it maps out the land perfectly, nice work sir.
Oh I know it's messy :lol:

But my main reason in creating it was to map it out as you said. If I had any better software I could've made it cleaner, but I didn't want to spend too much time on something for TSL anyway.

So you will enter/exit Toy Story Mania in the new Toy Story Land instead of Pixar Place when this land opens? What is going to happen with the area where the entrance is currently located. Seems like that will just be dead space...?

So you will enter/exit Toy Story Mania in the new Toy Story Land instead of Pixar Place when this land opens? What is going to happen with the area where the entrance is currently located. Seems like that will just be dead space...?
It will become backstage space. Basically, it's just flipping the building around. What is currently backstage space will become the entrance to the ride and TSL and what is currently on-stage will become backstage.

Reactions: Bulldog45