Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should throw a curveball and revive that old Roger Rabbit Trolly simulator ride for ST, surprise everyone
I am all for that. Here is a link for those interested:

Disney Stuck on the Drawing Board: Maroon Studios & Roger Rabbit's Hollywood - WDW News TodayWDW News Today

latest
b

Thanks for finding these. Disney isn't exactly exerting themselves, are they?
There's actually a lot of the groundwork done for the rides here. The Spinner ride pretty much has all of its concrete forms done (in the foreground) and that big wall at the back is for the load station of the Slinky coaster.

So if this is to open in 2018, it seems about on schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan B and Scott W.
There's actually a lot of the groundwork done for the rides here. The Spinner ride pretty much has all of its concrete forms done (in the foreground) and that big wall at the back is for the load station of the Slinky coaster.

So if this is to open in 2018, it seems about on schedule.

You have better eyes than I have. I will confess that I wouldn't know much of foundations aside from hoping that mine holds up. The coaster should go up pretty quick. It doesn't look to be too heavily themed. I would think that they will start pouring footers pretty soon.

Not really been bothered to look for updates at the moment but just came across these from Mickey Xtreme:

CxfSP4jUcAAV2ZL.jpg:large
CxfSUYVVIAEmoUx.jpg:large

I'm glad you posted buddy, thanks. These latest shots show quite a but done, not pumped at all for this land but still nice to see some progress non the less.

Reactions: Dan B
They appear to have done a nice amount of concrete work since the last photo, now all the land is cleared and concrete started things should progress much faster, not getting my hopes too high though.

Reactions: Nick

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the progress being made here. I still don't think there's any excuse not to have this ready for Christmas of next year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, what's that structure in the top photo going to become? I can't seem to place that into the concept art.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the progress being made here. I still don't think there's any excuse not to have this ready for Christmas of next year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, what's that structure in the top photo going to become? I can't seem to place that into the concept art.
The structure in the top left is the maintenance bay for the Slinky Coaster. The station/load platform will be placed in front of this.

Reactions: Dan B and belloq87

The structure in the top left is the maintenance bay for the Slinky Coaster. The station/load platform will be placed in front of this.

for reference, this guy right here:
IMG_2668-1-1200x900-1.jpg

is that the employee parking garage next store? I hope they do some "magic" to block the view of that.
Yep... I have a feeling we may see a mural on the side of the parking garage and a plethora of trees in between as well. As for the coaster view like @epcyclopedia alluded to... You'll be able to see World Drive from that thing too. There's somethings you just can't hide from people seeing when you build a coaster like that.