Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm first look in here today, now construction has started it appears my interest in this project has increased enough to start looking for updates :bang:

Mickey Xtreme photo of construction a few days back, twitter link below for image source:

CubcWYrWgAAR44F.jpg:large

Hmmm first look in here today, now construction has started it appears my interest in this project has increased enough to start looking for updates :bang:

Mickey Xtreme photo of construction a few days back, twitter link below for image source:

CubcWYrWgAAR44F.jpg:large

There's quite a lot going on here. Looks like the foundations are being laid for the coaster plus part of the layout as had already been mapped out on the ground.

Reactions: Joel and Dan B
So, am I correct that this park will only have 3 franchises when it is finished? It just seems so blah. Chocolate or Vanilla Ice cream...
Assuming you're referencing Star Wars, Toy Story, and Muppets? You also have shows for Indy, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast, as well as the Great Movie Ride which technically encompasses multiple movies and franchises... not to mention the non-franchise Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. I think saying that the park will only have 3 franchises after expansion is selling it a bit short, though I agree if you were implying that it will still need something else.

Nah, I meant GotG not muppets. Geeez, I thought Indy and Muppets were going? This is the most schizophrenic project I have ever ever seen!
Not sure about Indy, but I think Muppets will stick around since they're converting Pizza Planet into a Muppet-themed pizza joint. And I completely forgot that the GotG rumor had shifted from Epcot to Hollywood Studios. At this point, I'll believe that one when I see it.

Muppets is definitely sticking around with "PizzaRizzo" and talk of retheming Momma Melrose as well as a muppet rethemed restroom area (a'la Tangled) and further place making for an entrance to SWL adjacent to the Muppets 3D theatre.
If GOTG is going into DHS, I can't see them touching anything else until at least TSL is up and running.
While the Hollywood Blvd area seems to remain untouched with TOT, RNR, Beast, and Fantasmic, I think the Animation Courtyard will be going with the redo which includes Mermaid, SW Launch Bay (former working Animation Exhibit), and an adjacent theatre that was doing Playhouse Disney Live recently.
I still can't figure out, however, what is to become of Star Tours since it is wedged between Indy and the Muppets themed area and SWL will not be adjacent to it.
As far as GOTG is concerned, I can see it taking over the Indy plot since this show is pretty long in the tooth anyway. Which might make it interesting if they are considering trying to turn that area into a mini-Marvel land and have negotiated with Uni on bringing the Iron Man Experience as a retheme of Star Tours.

I don't get why Disney is building all of the Muppets stuff either.

But, I definitely see Disney building a lot more animation + cartoons into this park. It's pretty clear that Universal's 3rd gate will be heavily DWA + Nintendo focused. I'd imagine that Muppets + TSL + Animation Courtyard? will help counter that.

Muppets is definitely sticking around with "PizzaRizzo" and talk of retheming Momma Melrose as well as a muppet rethemed restroom area (a'la Tangled) and further place making for an entrance to SWL adjacent to the Muppets 3D theatre.
If GOTG is going into DHS, I can't see them touching anything else until at least TSL is up and running.
While the Hollywood Blvd area seems to remain untouched with TOT, RNR, Beast, and Fantasmic, I think the Animation Courtyard will be going with the redo which includes Mermaid, SW Launch Bay (former working Animation Exhibit), and an adjacent theatre that was doing Playhouse Disney Live recently.
I still can't figure out, however, what is to become of Star Tours since it is wedged between Indy and the Muppets themed area and SWL will not be adjacent to it.
As far as GOTG is concerned, I can see it taking over the Indy plot since this show is pretty long in the tooth anyway. Which might make it interesting if they are considering trying to turn that area into a mini-Marvel land and have negotiated with Uni on bringing the Iron Man Experience as a retheme of Star Tours.

While it may be awkward, it's definitely possible for it to be part of the main land highlighted in blue.
SWL.jpg

While it may be awkward, it's definitely possible for it to be part of the main land highlighted in blue.
View attachment 3251

It does seem very awkward to have a land within a land.

I don't know what the word would be but I can't wait until Star Wars and Toy Story are complete and you'll be able to walk around DHS without heading down endless dead ends. DHS has to be the worst laid out park in Orlando.