Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You don't know me very well at all. I actually thought DH's comment was funny. I also understand DH's humor and we both respect each other.
Nice to hear you don't understand my humor or respect me.
tumblr_n6o97fRWGJ1qac1soo1_500.gif

Quote of the day: This is from one of the pretty pro Disney sites, and I'd say two thirds or more of the comments were very negative about the attractions and timeline for Toy Story Land. The poster was a gentlemen named Keith Schneider: "As for two years it will take to build Toy Story Land. All I can say is Disney is like my mom going to the bathroom: It takes both of them a looooooooooong time just to produce some crap". :lmao:

Quote of the day: This is from one of the pretty pro Disney sites, and I'd say two thirds or more of the comments were very negative about the attractions and timeline for Toy Story Land. The poster was a gentlemen named Keith Schneider: "As for two years it will take to build Toy Story Land. All I can say is Disney is like my mom going to the bathroom: It takes both of them a looooooooooong time just to produce some crap". :lmao:

That's awful. :lol: Honestly, I don't see the Toy Story Land addition that have been added to the parks so far to be anything more than a cheap fix. They had something better going by expanding Pixar Place.

So, from the complete concept art, it show that Al's Toy Barn and the Woody's Round-Up area have been cut.

rs_560x349-160420105229-560-Disney-Parks-Toy-Story-Land-First-Look-RM-042016.jpg

Man, that is going to be a short coaster. 70 secs. tops.
RNRC is barely 90 secs. If it can muster a few thrills in that time, it'll be a worthwhile addition and fairly cheap for Disney.

I honestly think the ASS will end up costing them more than the coaster.

I just now watched the video rendering of the Slinky ride and wow, I know it's just a rendering, but it doesn't look too attractive. So far it really reminds me of the infamous "dinosaur carnival" (I forget the formal name of it) at Animal Kingdom. Does anyone else get that same vibe?

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
I just now watched the video rendering of the Slinky ride and wow, I know it's just a rendering, but it doesn't look too attractive. So far it really reminds me of the infamous "dinosaur carnival" (I forget the formal name of it) at Animal Kingdom. Does anyone else get that same vibe?
I'm sure it will be named the best coaster ever built by some, and 'meh' by others

So today an engineer working on Toy Story Land came into the Toys R Us that I work at looking for toys as reference for the molds he had to make for the theming of the land. one of the things he shared was that the walls and flooring of the Little Green Men ride will be themed to Construx sets. For those not familiar with Construx, they're a beam-based construction toy made by Fisher-Price in the 1980's and were later discontinued and revived only to be discontinued again due to the rising popularity of LEGO. He was looking for the toys and I had to explain they were discontinued. This is an example of the toy looks like:

A2CB0221-5EB2-4824-8F69-62D95AE96CBC_zpsnpuqpc9y.jpg

I loved playing with Construx! My parents still have my old sets at their house and my kids and nephews still play with them when we visit. Great toy, too bad they are no longer available.

Interesting if true, the concept art doesn't really look like Construx though.