Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That Slinky Dog preview is laughable how bad it is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be a fun coaster but it looks like it was created about 20 years ago.

Seriously, I thought it was fan made (and when I say fan, I mean like a 10 year old kids school science project). It looks like something form Roller Coaster Tycoon 1998 edition.

Can some one post a before and after comparison picture? i know we have quite a few members in here that are pretty great at photoshop and the likes.

If it has already posted please point me in the right direction i skimmed through the thread but didnt have too much time to look closely.

thanks!

Can some one post a before and after comparison picture? i know we have quite a few members in here that are pretty great at photoshop and the likes.

If it has already posted please point me in the right direction i skimmed through the thread but didnt have too much time to look closely.

thanks!

The new artwork is from a billboard hence the lower quality and poorer colour but hopefully this will help you out.

7k1yshr.jpg

:bang: Ugh! You would think Disney would have thought of this.

What confounds me especially is that the old proposed attraction name was something along the lines of "Little Green Men Saucers" or something. You can't tell me that Disney couldn't name the ride "Little Green Men Swirling Saucers"... they have a damn ride called "Monsters Inc: Mike & Sulley to the Rescue" for god's sake!

Something that turns me off, is the removal of a LOT of the theming in the concepts, which especially seen by @scott_walker's; the difference is night/day.

Concepts are always over the top but I think my biggest issue is the removal of the valleys for the coaster. Coasters that are low to the ground add a lot to the experience and that seems to be sadly missing now.

hmm... the land seems a lot more compact in the newer artwork. Could it be that they realized 10 acres was WAYYYYY too much for something as cheap as this?

I can get behind the better usage of land if that truly is the case.

hmm... the land seems a lot more compact in the newer artwork. Could it be that they realized 10 acres was WAYYYYY too much for something as cheap as this?

I can get behind the better usage of land if that truly is the case.

I think the perspective is making it look a bit more compact but I think you're right.

Concepts are always over the top but I think my biggest issue is the removal of the valleys for the coaster. Coasters that are low to the ground add a lot to the experience and that seems to be sadly missing now.

It's not a coincidence many coaster buffs cite Nemesis at Alton Towers as one of the greatest coasters ever made:

Reactions: Scott W.
It's not a coincidence many coaster buffs cite Nemesis at Alton Towers as one of the greatest coasters ever made:

It's a great coaster and probably the best themed coaster in the world. What they managed to put into that area of the park using the landscape and still managing to stay below the tree line is nothing short of spectacular.

When we were talking about a replacement for DC the other day and using the Forbidden Forest as the theme, Nemesis is exactly what I'm picturing although not necessarily an inverted coaster.

Reactions: Ryan and Fatality