Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they play it right, they can do it in the Animation Building, or the One Mans Dream exhibit..
There's a room in Launch Bay that just shows fake "props" that they could exchange out for a SWL showcase. OMD is scheduled for complete demo to add a larger walkway into TSL. When that will be though, I don't know (have to assume we are approaching it's closure though).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
As far as I've seen from you; you don't exactly have a good track record.

As for SWL, i'm betting this summer for information fully unveiled, especially considering that DLR is rumored to be getting that second floor of Innoventions/Superhero HQ (RIP SHHQ) to a brand new exhibit, showcasing SWL for their coast. If they play it right, they can do it in the Animation Building, or the One Mans Dream exhibit..

Sometimes, its how people..*puts on a shade of sunglasses* Roll.

(Also, you can edit the posts, making sure that it ain't going to triple posting..OCD-self)

Please point to the nonexistent poor track record....

I've posted probably three definitive post about Pandora, which I will stand by as i trust them. Anything else is opinion and passing on rumors for conversation.

Having worked for Disney in the past, and moving back this year, I've been making up with old contacts. One company involved in set construction and instillation, and that's all I can say.

you tried it...now let's move on

Last edited:
Reactions: twebber55
Please point to the nonexistent poor track record....

I've posted probably three definitive post about Pandora, which I will stand by as i trust them. Anything else is opinion and passing on rumors for conversation.

Having worked for Disney in the past, and moving back this year, I've been making up with old contacts. One company involved in set construction and instillation, and that's all I can say.

you tried it...now let's move on

I should've rephrased it. I haven't seen what you've said about Avatar, as I didn't know of your track record. I didn't mean any harm foul.

There's a room in Launch Bay that just shows fake "props" that they could exchange out for a SWL showcase. OMD is scheduled for complete demo to add a larger walkway into TSL. When that will be though, I don't know (have to assume we are approaching it's closure though).

I forgot about that room. Then yeah, I can see that working very well for DHS in terms of a location.

I should've rephrased it. I haven't seen what you've said about Avatar, as I didn't know of your track record. I didn't mean any harm foul.

I forgot about that room. Then yeah, I can see that working very well for DHS in terms of a location.

All is fine... I just wanted to make sure that I was not insinuating anything other then what may be going on in Pandora

With TSL going in behind TSMM, does this mean Pixar Place is officially dead? That was obviously just to justify plopping a Toy Story ride in the middle of the park, although I assumed they would expand the land with, you know, more pixar IPs. But I think it's safe to assume that won't happen (at least any time before 2025)? Also, do we know if that strip will keep the name Pixar Place?

With TSL going in behind TSMM, does this mean Pixar Place is officially dead? That was obviously just to justify plopping a Toy Story ride in the middle of the park, although I assumed they would expand the land with, you know, more pixar IPs. But I think it's safe to assume that won't happen (at least any time before 2025)? Also, do we know if that strip will keep the name Pixar Place?
Nope, Pixar Place is going to become backstage and the TSMM is having a new entrance built on the opposite side of the showbuilding.

Moving the entrance has always baffled me - well not the entrance itself.

But if the entrance is moved what happens to the exit?

The ride unloads to what is essentially the "wrong" side of the building for the new plans.

Reactions: Scott W.

The ride unloads to what is essentially the "wrong" side of the building for the new plans.
Its going to be very similar to Space Mountain I assume.

Last edited:

What do you mean what happens to the exit? You exit into TSLand. Current Pixar Place will became a backstage service road/cast break area.

To give a quick look at how TSMM will incorporate into TSL, I did a quick paint mockup.

1 = TSMM Showbuilding
2 = Entrance/exit tunnel (similar to Soarin')
3 = Queue

TSL181008_zps6d502mji.jpg

But how do the guests get to the exit?

The Restrooms and CM break room and maintenance bay are all on that corner of the building they would need to loop around to exit there.

The Restrooms and CM break room and maintenance bay are all on that corner of the building they would need to loop around to exit there.

Either that or move them to the opposite side of the building where the entrance is currently.

Either that or move them to the opposite side of the building where the entrance is currently.

And that's the issue - double around the other side and you've got the new ride track and its queue.

The "new" entrance is essentially just coming in from the other side of the building where the queue currently exists. So changing it isn't a big deal. Guests go up and over the track via stairs to ride and then unload on the outside of the track.

The corner of the building by the Pixar arch is the restrooms, but built around those is the CM breakroom and the control booth for Mr Potato Head as well as the maintenance bay. Essentially unload runs along the side toward pixar place while cm/maintenance area run along the other wall.

So if anything guests would have to exit outdoors and then loop around the majority of the building.. and CMs would have to cut through it to get to/from some areas. Not the end of the world.. but as you get to the back of the building you get to the maintenance area which will need access for equipment and such.

And if the idea is to solve all of this by reworking the queue so guests exit out via going up the stairs and out (essentially reversing load/unload) that leaves the problem of wheelchair access. Wheelchairs would need to go over the other queue or over the track somehow and the building doesn't have elevators - just stairs.

Yeah, as @scott_walker said, everything will move to Pixar Place, as PP will cease to exist - no more guests. The restrooms in PP will become CM bathrooms and they'll put up a few tents for breaks.

It's virtually just flipping the ride around.