Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But how many Tinkertoy towers can they possibly build?
That was sort of the point of my post on the last page. People have mentioned some differences between concept art being less giant tinker toys. I actually think less makes the land look less... well, less ugly/cluttered.

I think people need to accept TS Land for what it is: a simple family area, slightly better than Storybook Circus.

Reactions: rioriz and IzzyB
Anyone know what the actual budget for TSL is. I read on Magic it was $400 million, but I don't know if that's official or BS. If it is indeed, apx. $400 million, they're certainly not getting much bang for their buck. Especially considering Diagon/Gringotts/HE was in the vicinity of $450 million....But then again, we're dealing with Disney Imagineering & their inflated costs.

Anyone know what the actual budget for TSL is. I read on Magic it was $400 million, but I don't know if that's official or BS. If it is indeed, apx. $400 million, they're certainly not getting much bang for their buck. Especially considering Diagon/Gringotts/HE was in the vicinity of $450 million....But then again, we're dealing with Disney Imagineering & their inflated costs.
I heard that it was SUPPOSED to be $400M, it's now been slashed to $250M (which is still ludicrous for the quality of this land imo). I honestly can't blame them for cutting a few minor things if it's gonna save that much. $400M would be stupid for TSL.

The bloated budget for TS Land was one of the many things that led to Bruce Vaughn's departure.

I didn't really notice the theming of the queue for the Slinky Dog ride in Paris when I was there.. but how great does this look from afar? I had no idea.

Slinky_Dog_Spin-1_0_Original.jpg~original

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Can I ask the dumb question of how anyone sees the stuff on the roof surfaces while actually in the park..?

And really, we just need to rename it Ornamental Grass: The Ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was sort of the point of my post on the last page. People have mentioned some differences between concept art being less giant tinker toys. I actually think less makes the land look less... well, less ugly/cluttered.

I think people need to accept TS Land for what it is: a simple family area, slightly better than Storybook Circus.

Agreed. I also think that people are missing that this area was needed for DHS. It fills a hole that has been there with DHS for awhile which is people don't think little kids have as much to do there. So this whole land is meant for little kids, which is not the demo of this site. So of course people here are not going to like it, it is not targeted to us. I can say my child will love it because it will be a roller coaster in another park that she can ride. She loves roller coasters and wishes there was one in every park she can ride.

Reactions: rioriz
Why the hell are we catering aesthetically to people who'd ride a parachute drop ride?

That aside - I vehemently object to the notion that there's nothing for kids to do at any Disney theme park. That's absurd and a coaster with a height requirement won't fix it.

Why the hell are we catering aesthetically to people who'd ride a parachute drop ride?

That aside - I vehemently object to the notion that there's nothing for kids to do at any Disney theme park. That's absurd and a coaster with a height requirement won't fix it.
It'll be a height requirement that 2.5-3 year olds will qualify to ride, so it's not restricting too many people.

I didn't really notice the theming of the queue for the Slinky Dog ride in Paris when I was there.. but how great does this look from afar? I had no idea.

Slinky_Dog_Spin-1_0_Original.jpg~original
It does look good, I don't know how busy it was when you went but on a cold mid december morning that area of the park was heaving! 60 min wait just for the RC Car.

Wait, this board complains all the time about how themes are broken with show buildings being shown from certain angles and now you are complaining they themed something so that when people are on another ride will see? Come on. You can complain about anything, can't you?

I have heard many times there is less to do in DHS for kids. This is something I hear from the GP. I think TSL can really fill that void and because it will be heavily advertised when it opens it will give those families a reason to visit and see there is stuff for little kids to ride. Many people don't do simple things like go to the Disney website and actually look at what is offered. They just think of the big headliner attractions. So this will get new families in there with young kids.

It does look good, I don't know how busy it was when you went but on a cold mid december morning that area of the park was heaving! 60 min wait just for the RC Car.

Yeah, the wait for RC Racer was ridiculous so we didn't do it. But the capacity on that is obviously terrible.

Reactions: rioriz