Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I need to start a website for theme park wagering. Giving odds and taking bets on opening dates, and budgets and whether or not anything will actually get built in some cases. Betting against Disney making deadlines is a sure bet, and they somehow have everyone convinced that "this time it will be different" (only to have the same slow progress again).

Just look how long it took them to tear down Catastrophe Canyon after the Backlot Tour was closed. Yep, they're moving at lightning speed...

I hope to be proven wrong in my predictions of 2019 for TSL, but I doubt it.
Bet Disney 'over' and you'll always win. Pure sucker bets. :dance:

I think I need to start a website for theme park wagering. Giving odds and taking bets on opening dates, and budgets and whether or not anything will actually get built in some cases. Betting against Disney making deadlines is a sure bet, and they somehow have everyone convinced that "this time it will be different" (only to have the same slow progress again).

Just look how long it took them to tear down Catastrophe Canyon after the Backlot Tour was closed. Yep, they're moving at lightning speed...

I hope to be proven wrong in my predictions of 2019 for TSL, but I doubt it.

But that is the thing, we are taking their slow timelines. They are starting construction in April 2016, it typically takes them 3.5 years to finish large projects which leads them to late 2019 for SWL. Which is what most of us are predicting. Are you saying they are going to go even slower than they have in the past?

TSL is a shorter project as it is not nearly as involved, which is why their shorter timeline (think Circus at NFL) is more reasonable bringing it to 2018.

I don't understand how taking the history of Disney and using those trends to predict a timeline is saying, "This time will be different".

Reactions: twebber55
I'm looking at their timelines and realizing they have not given dates, which to me means they will be just as slow as they have in the past.

New Fantasyland: Announced July 2009-- Completed May 2014

I'm looking at their timelines and realizing they have not given dates, which to me means they will be just as slow as they have in the past.

New Fantasyland: Announced July 2009-- Completed May 2014

You can't go by announcement, you need to go by construction dates. When did construction start and when did it open.

They did have to demo some stuff for Pandora, the old LK building and the meet and greet sites. I agree this demo is a little more complex, but I still say Pandora outside work is also a little more complex than SWL outside work. And I feel TSL is almost all plug and play especially now that the rock work is gone. This is much closer to circus with a roller coaster added in.

They have a number of buildings to demo, which usually adds some extra time to a project. Probably the only significant Avatar building was the LK shell. Edit: It's significant we all said essentially the same thing simultaneously. :)

Pandora demolition started in Jan of 2014 and the land looks to be opening in Spring of 2017

Pandora occupies what was essentially empty land. All they had to do was site prep and ditch the FLK. With SWL, they have to demolish, clear, prep site, and then finally get going on construction. Can't really compare the 2.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I think this will be closer in comparison to NFL which required a lot of infrastructure work and demolition before any real construction could happen.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think you're reaching with this. SWL looks to have an insane amount of rockwork to be done.

Even if you add an extra 6 months for demo it is beginning of 2020. Which many people have said late 2019/beginning 2020 and that is still being mocked. People act like we are expecting Uni timelines and we are not looking at history. But that is not the case here. We are looking at Disney 3 1/2 to 4 where if we expected Uni timelines we would be looking at 2 1/2 years from construction beginning to ending.

Even if you add an extra 6 months for demo it is beginning of 2020. Which many people have said late 2019/beginning 2020 and that is still being mocked. People act like we are expecting Uni timelines and we are not looking at history. But that is not the case here. We are looking at Disney 3 1/2 to 4 where if we expected Uni timelines we would be looking at 2 1/2 years from construction beginning to ending.

I'm saying summer 2020 for Star Wars, so I'm not really saying much longer than you are.