Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this will be closer in comparison to NFL which required a lot of infrastructure work and demolition before any real construction could happen.

But even new fantasyland was already prepped for years. If anything this will be like jaws or ironically Disater.

I'm saying summer 2020 for Star Wars, so I'm not really saying much longer than you are.

And I think it is possible it could slip to that. But when do you think TSL will be? Because people think 2018 is a pipe dream. But there is no rock work needed and no unproven techs being used. Both rides are pretty much plug and play. Someone saying that won't be ready until end of 2019 seems so out there even for Disney.

ETA: And I also don't think late 2019 for SWL is a pipe dream. I think it could be very feasible to be on a pandora timeline for SWL.

And I think it is possible it could slip to that. But when do you think TSL will be? Because people think 2018 is a pipe dream. But there is no rock work needed and no unproven techs being used. Both rides are pretty much plug and play. Someone saying that won't be ready until end of 2019 seems so out there even for Disney.

I honestly don't know. That should have opened this year if this company wasn't a complete joke sometimes. I honestly don't really care when it opens at this point. I doubt I'll go see it until SWL is open anyway.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I honestly don't know. That should have opened this year if this company wasn't a complete joke sometimes. I honestly don't really care when it opens at this point. I doubt I'll go see it until SWL is open anyway.

Agreed and gotcha. I will be there for TSL, I have kids and one loves coasters (the other probably will too, but she is too young. She loves hanging upside down and spinning though lol) so no way we don't go do TSL when it opens.

Reactions: JungleSkip
My prediction, TSL FINISHED (it will probably open in stages like NFL did) in 2020, SWL in 2021 (the park's 50th).
No way it takes 3.5-4 years to finish what is a pretty simple project. I liken this to a tad more complex version of the Toon Town -> Storybook Circus change. TT closed Feb 2011 and SC started opening in phases March 2012, finishing in July.

Of course, it won't be that quick. There's more demo to be done and they actually have to build the Slinky coaster unlike Barnstomer which stood standing with mild thematic changes. However, I don't see how this isn't open for Summer 2018 at the latest (which is perfect, since TS4 comes out then too).

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
No way it takes 3.5-4 years to finish what is a pretty simple project. I liken this to a tad more complex version of the Toon Town -> Storybook Circus change. TT closed Feb 2011 and SC started opening in phases March 2012, finishing in July.

Of course, it won't be that quick. There's more demo to be done and they actually have to buold the Slinky coaster unlike Barnstomer which stood standing with mild thematic changes. However, I don't see how this isn't open for Summer 2018 at the latest (which is perfect, since TS4 comes out then too).
Yeah, I agree with you. Probably first half of 2018, though it could slip to late 2018 if they encounter problems along the way.

Reactions: IzzyB and Nick
Yeah, I agree with you. Probably first half of 2018, though it could slip to late 2018 if they encounter problems along the way.
Yeah, it's an extremely simple build once they can get all of the demo done. Especially now that they took out the rock work.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, it's an extremely simple build once they can get all of the demo done. Especially now that they took out the rock work.
Yeah, this is not a Diagon/Hogsmeade/Avatar/Carsland type land. It's really not a whole lot more than the Springfield"renovation" (not counting Simpsons ride which would put Springfield in a way higher class than Toy story) with a C+ coaster thrown in besides a flat ride on the level of kudos. A little bigger area and buildings to tear down is the real only difference. If lands were rated like attractions are, it might struggle to be rated a C ticket.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nick
I just noticed that there is a path on the new concept art that goes north on the left side of the art. Could this be the entrance to the rumored phase 3 or is it just a service ce road?

I just noticed that there is a path on the new concept art that goes north on the left side of the art. Could this be the entrance to the rumored phase 3 or is it just a service ce road?
That's the area that some people were speculating the tunnel was going to Star Wars Land. Which would put SWL in an area of the park contrary to what most Disney insiders were saying. Lots of questions there.

Reactions: Ryno27
Budget cuts have come in part because of Disneys ineptitude when it comes to contracting

The added launch will makes it more exciting and add more capacity

This will get TSL open quicker

The whole land will suffer with the lack of levels and placemaking... it is still concept work and I expect it to be more of a mixture of the two...Slinky is set though

Reactions: twebber55
anybody notice that the old concept art of slinky dog coaster had more scenery in it but now in the new artwork it is a simpler coaster with almost no scenery.
old
6b57ET0.jpg

new
tumblr_o52w1t1e6g1ql9mclo3_500.jpg

While the scenery has obviously taken some cuts, I think it's slightly ironic that we're complaining about the removal of those things (The big tinker toy pieces, not rock work) when as this land was announced, everyone commented on how garish those big scenic pieces have made the other TS Lands.

Not defending the cuts, but this seems like an area where Disney wasn't gonna win no matter what. Now, should they have gone for a much better overall land? Absolutely, but we're way past that now.

One thought... Toy Story Mania is giant size and under Bady's bed in a play set. What on earth will the Slinky queue be..?

I noticed the big Buzz by the aliens thing.. They wouldn't roughly repeat the same idea for 3 different queues would they?

One thought... Toy Story Mania is giant size and under Bady's bed in a play set. What on earth will the Slinky queue be..?

I noticed the big Buzz by the aliens thing.. They wouldn't roughly repeat the same idea for 3 different queues would they?
That's the theme of the whole land. The "we've shrunk you down to toy size" thing.