Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the engineering is more advanced than Star Wars because of the floating mtns but i agree with everything else

That is where I was going. The floating mountains seems to take a long time to figure out and build. But I could be wrong. I am sticking with early 2018 and late 2019 time lines for now.

That is where I was going. The floating mountains seems to take a long time to figure out and build. But I could be wrong. I am sticking with early 2018 and late 2019 time lines for now.

Are the mountains moving? If not, they'd be simple to figure out. Just need to account for the possible force of wind on them and their weight and give them proper support and you're done. [HASHTAG]#Deforms[/HASHTAG]

right cant remember where i read it but one of the imagineers spoke about the difficulties of the mountains and how it was an engineering achievement

Are the mountains moving? If not, they'd be simple to figure out. Just need to account for the possible force of wind on them and their weight and give them proper support and you're done. [HASHTAG]#Deforms[/HASHTAG]
I believe I remember hearing from somewhere that they will move in a way that looks like they're swaying in the breeze. Maybe Jim Hill.

Reactions: Ryno27
landscaping isn't cheap, especially the way Disney does it.

mountain-of-money-1940x900_29351.jpg

The mountains look beautiful though.

I'm just simply done with this whole DHS project. They sell it to you one way to get you excited, but build something cheap.... makes me wonder how SWL will truly end up looking like.... not expecting much anymore. This will all be just a bunch of broken promises, plus expect another rise on ticket prices. Don't care anymore, close the whole damn thing, The company is clearly not capable to handle theme park business anymore.

Reactions: Cheezbat and Ryno27
I think I need to start a website for theme park wagering. Giving odds and taking bets on opening dates, and budgets and whether or not anything will actually get built in some cases. Betting against Disney making deadlines is a sure bet, and they somehow have everyone convinced that "this time it will be different" (only to have the same slow progress again).

Just look how long it took them to tear down Catastrophe Canyon after the Backlot Tour was closed. Yep, they're moving at lightning speed...

I hope to be proven wrong in my predictions of 2019 for TSL, but I doubt it.

I think I need to start a website for theme park wagering. Giving odds and taking bets on opening dates, and budgets and whether or not anything will actually get built in some cases. Betting against Disney making deadlines is a sure bet, and they somehow have everyone convinced that "this time it will be different" (only to have the same slow progress again).

Just look how long it took them to tear down Catastrophe Canyon after the Backlot Tour was closed. Yep, they're moving at lightning speed...

I hope to be proven wrong in my predictions of 2019 for TSL, but I doubt it.
well first things first in your other post you said 2020 :)