Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Star Wars Land in DLR is a curved land, and if the DHS version is the same (sounds like it) it can defintely loop back around to Star Tours. Muppets seems to be just in the heart of the chaos.

Reactions: Ryno27
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they stripped All Star Movies of its Toy Story theming and just used that. That huge Buzz Lightyear looks awfully familiar. [HASHTAG]#Shanghai[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yup. I can't say I'm nearly as interested without those features.

Remember when they compared this land to Cars Land? Lol
I can't say i'm surprised they cut the rockwork... it will make it incredibly faster for them to complete the land as rockwork always takes forever. Not that i'm happy about it of course.

And lol, I don't remember anyone comparing this to Carsland. Literally the only comparison is a Maters clone. There's no E here.

Also of note: the sunken/underground portions of the Slinky Dog coaster are gone

The layout is a little different too. I imagine they were trying to cut rock work out to stick to a shorter timeline and spend less money. It is less interesting, but the actual features of the coaster like the launch and the air time roles are still there. But it is a less interesting layout over all. It doesn't seem to be that much shorter, so that is a plus.

Yup. I can't say I'm nearly as interested without those features.

Remember when they compared this land to Cars Land? Lol

What insane person ever made that comparison?!? lol

And lol, I don't remember anyone comparing this to Carsland. Literally the only comparison is a Maters clone. There's no E here.

During the D23 announcement they 100% compared TSL to Cars Land

Edit: “As all of you know, here in Anaheim, we’ve been quite successful with taking immersive experiences to a whole new level as we did with Cars Land. In fact, one of our favorite stories from opening day is that we overheard a little boy asking his mom, ‘Is this where they filmed the Cars movie?'” Kathy [Mangum] said. “That’s exactly how we want people to feel – like they’ve stepped onto the set of their favorite film … like the quaint town of Radiator Springs or, in the case of ‘Toy Story,’ the wild and adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard.”

Oh yeah, well Disney will be Disney. They hype everything through the roof whether it be a ride or a cupcake.

Agreed. Again, no sane person ever said that :) I don't think anyone here ever thought it would come anywhere close to Carsland. I was pretty sure it would be a plug and play quick land and didn't expect a ton of stuff other than a good family coaster and a flat ride. Which I thought DHS really needed both pretty badly. One of the reasons TSM is so popular is that it is one of the few things the whole family can enjoy except shows. All the other rides were more thrill level and had higher height restrictions. So I am thinking with the 3rd track and the extra rides this will help the long lines of TSM a lot.

During the D23 announcement they 100% compared TSL to Cars Land

Edit: “As all of you know, here in Anaheim, we’ve been quite successful with taking immersive experiences to a whole new level as we did with Cars Land. In fact, one of our favorite stories from opening day is that we overheard a little boy asking his mom, ‘Is this where they filmed the Cars movie?'” Kathy [Mangum] said. “That’s exactly how we want people to feel – like they’ve stepped onto the set of their favorite film … like the quaint town of Radiator Springs or, in the case of ‘Toy Story,’ the wild and adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard.”

Man, I can't count how many scenes in the Toy Story movies where they were in Andy's backyard, that full and realized world. Oh right, I can: none. There were none.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Clive
TS doesn't lend itself to a theme park land at all... but Disney so desperately wants to convince themselves that it does.

I'd slightly disagree: if Andy's bedroom wasn't already done in the TSMM load area, that has potential as a great land. The problem of course is that the entire thing would have to be indoors, but I'd visit that for sure.

TSL needs to be DHS' kid-friendly land as the sort-of babysitter to the more intense Star Wars rides, and in the long run it'll do that just fine. I do still admire the want to be a little more expansive and different than the other existing lands, yet it is dismaying that they are taking away special elements at a time when Disney is doing nothing but giving off the wrong signals. It's almost too much at this point, and I think that's what makes it hurt more than anything else.

Let's just hope it has shade, lower height requirements (yea I know, unlikely on an Intamin coaster) and is surrounded by other, more insanely themed lands. I'm really expecting SWL to knock my socks off and Disney by this point can't afford to trim the themeing off that.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nick
Is it thought that the area with the umbrellas/tables in the art will be a quick service?

TS doesn't lend itself to a theme park land at all... but Disney so desperately wants to convince themselves that it does.

This will be their third time opening one in 8 years. It's so cheap for them. :lol:

Any word on that third TSM track?

This will be their third time opening one in 8 years. It's so cheap for them. :lol:

Any word on that third TSM track?
Geez, the third track is 18 months and counting already. Heck Universal tore down a building and put up a new building with Transformers in it in two thirds of that time. :lol:

Reactions: UNIrd
Geez, the third track is 18 months and counting already. Heck Universal tore down a building and put up a new building with Transformers in it in two thirds of that time. :lol:

But TSMM ride track has such incredible immersive themeing that takes a long time to complete. It is filled with such detail and is completely new tech. Its so much more than just a copy of an existing ride with screens. Oh wait....

In other news, do we have any timeline on Toy Story Land? I always assumed it was going to be completed before Star Wars Land as a hold me over. Now I am not so sure.

But TSMM ride track has such incredible immersive themeing that takes a long time to complete. It is filled with such detail and is completely new tech. Its so much more than just a copy of an existing ride with screens. Oh wait....

In other news, do we have any timeline on Toy Story Land? I always assumed it was going to be completed before Star Wars Land as a hold me over. Now I am not so sure.
Nice sarcasm. :thumbsup: I'd guess TSL will open in 2018 early.That's not a real complicated build, especially now that it looks like the rock work & trenches have been cost engineered out. I'm still thinking SWL late 2019 or early 2020. Just my guesses though from what I've been reading on the not too pixie dusty Disney sites. ...

Nice sarcasm. :thumbsup: I'd guess TSL will open in 2018 early.That's not a real complicated build, especially now that it looks like the rock work & trenches have been cost engineered out. I'm still thinking SWL late 2019 or early 2020. Just my guesses though from what I've been reading on the not too pixie dusty Disney sites. ...

I agree, those are the dates I am expecting too. Originally I was thinking 2017, but ground braking happened way too late for that.

I imagine the coaster will be 38" restriction. It is more intense than Barnstormer, but less than BTM. So just like mine train I am thinking it will land around the 38" height range.