Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Almost all coasters, even the big ones, are only one and a half to three minutes long real ride time. That's just the way the genre is. Not going to get much attraction time unless it slows up for a dark scene like 7 Dwarfs does. The only real long coaster I've ever been on was the woodie, The Beast, in King's Island, that's around 5 minutes long.
Exactly. To prove that point, The Hulk is exactly 1:30 run time. It packs much more of a punch than Slinky will, sure, but we don't have to act like it's a shocker for coasters to be this time length.

Reactions: Mad Dog and rioriz
What's even weirder about them starting demolition is one of those office buildings back there (I forgot which one.) has sat empty since MyMagic+ development moved off property in late 2014.

Speaking of MyMagic+, apparently a lot of planned features were cut late in development just to focus everything on getting the thing ready for testing.

that's usually how Disney works.They come up with say 10 ideas and only about 4-6 ever get used.I heard that somewhere at Disney is a room full of files of ideas that got as far as the concept faze even having concept art but for one reason or another they just didn't get used.

that's usually how Disney works.They come up with say 10 ideas and only about 4-6 ever get used.I heard that somewhere at Disney is a room full of files of ideas that got as far as the concept faze even having concept art but for one reason or another they just didn't get used.

I guarantee you that Uni has files like this. Less of them since they have not been around as long, but they have them. Most creative companies have this type of stuff because better ideas are presented and they go with those.

I guarantee you that Uni has files like this. Less of them since they have not been around as long, but they have them. Most creative companies have this type of stuff because better ideas are presented and they go with those.

I'm thinking this too, which makes me wonder if what Univeral had planned for the newly acquired land when they had it before and if they're now starting from scratch or dusting off old designs.

I'm thinking this too, which makes me wonder if what Univeral had planned for the newly acquired land when they had it before and if they're now starting from scratch or dusting off old designs.

Since the world of theme parks and technology has changed so much I would think they would start from scratch. The only part I could see them using is the layout of the park, but who knows if this particular chunk of land was where their plans were for. There was a lot more land Uni owned back in the day that is not part of this new acreage.

Reactions: Mad Dog