Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on my calculations Slinky will be shorter that 7DMT, and it will NOT have swinging cars. From my perspective, it will fall between Barnstormer and 7DMT. This will have approximately a 2 min. ride time. About half the length of BTMRR.

Based on my calculations Slinky will be shorter that 7DMT, and it will NOT have swinging cars. From my perspective, it will fall between Barnstormer and 7DMT. This will have approximately a 2 min. ride time. About half the length of BTMRR.

Shorter than 7DMT? There's no way. From the concept art, it looks like the track alone takes up a much larger footprint.

A Jim Hill rumour, so you can take this with a grain of salt. Skip to 9mins.

The jist of it is that Disney may push back Toy Story 4 and have the movie premiere in Orlando and the after party being the opening of TSL.

Last edited:
A Jim Hill rumour, so you can take this with a grain of salt. Skip to 9mins.

The jist of it is that Disney may push back Toy Story 4 so it opens the same time as TSL and have the movie premier in Orlando and the after party at the park.

I mean, it makes sense timing wise... and it isn't unprecedented for Disney to do movie premiere's a Disney Parks (Pirates, Lone Ranger at DL, DCA) and they've premiered smaller movies in Orlando in recent years as well (but those have been at the Disney Springs AMC).

I won't put much, if any stock into this though.

I believe the ride time will be less than 120 Seconds.
I guess it makes sense. Even with a longer track, the ride will presumably go slightly faster than 7DMT at parts, considering there's a launch. Or if not faster, at least consistently moving (whereas 7DMT has a dark ride scene).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I mean, it makes sense timing wise... and it isn't unprecedented for Disney to do movie premiere's a Disney Parks (Pirates, Lone Ranger at DL, DCA) and they've premiered smaller movies in Orlando in recent years as well (but those have been at the Disney Springs AMC).

I won't put much, if any stock into this though.

His whole argument kind of crumbles apart when he suggests that the film will open May 2017 and every where else says June 15, 2018.

His whole argument kind of crumbles apart when he suggests that the film will open May 2017 and every where else says June 15, 2018.
Well, to be fair, premieres are always before they hit theatres, normally by a few weeks.

But again, the SMALLEST grain of salt I will give.

I guess it makes sense. Even with a longer track, the ride will presumably go slightly faster than 7DMT at parts, considering there's a launch. Or if not faster, at least consistently moving (whereas 7DMT has a dark ride scene).
Great point. I was thinking the same thing and then you said it for me. :)

Well my excitement just grew way higher after learning more about the slinky dog ride, thanks guys!!!!

I don't think universal would be roasted for a ride like that, remember the plans for the JP wooden coaster? Same basic thing yet we were all happy about it. It's also unfair to compare this to DK, mainly because we have no legit info on DK and it's obviously gonna be in a way bigger scale than this since this isn't trying to have a big scale in the first place. I hope it's longer than 7DMT, would really suck to have another blink and you'll miss it type rollercoasters

Although late 2017-18 is looking right for TSL, it does look like phase 3 has been greenlit and expedited also so that all phases could be open by 2020...possible some of 3 could open before all of 2 (Star Wars)

Although late 2017-18 is looking right for TSL, it does look like phase 3 has been greenlit and expedited also so that all phases could be open by 2020...possible some of 3 could open before all of 2 (Star Wars)
Yeah, it's looking like three phases are a definite. A fourth? not so much. It may just end up being a Star Wars expansion, which is said to possibly wipe out Muppets... although i'm sure we'd all rather more cool rides than Muppets just kind of be there and no one caring.

Almost all coasters, even the big ones, are only one and a half to three minutes long real ride time. That's just the way the genre is. Not going to get much attraction time unless it slows up for a dark scene like 7 Dwarfs does. The only real long coaster I've ever been on was the woodie, The Beast, in King's Island, that's around 5 minutes long.

Reactions: rioriz and Nick