Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Magic insider Spirit is saying that the "expedited" opening date for Toy Story Land is now late 2018 to early 2019.

Wow, that is not good at all if that is true. I mean seriously almost all of it is plug and play. There is no reason for construction on a project like this to take over 2 years to build. Construction should start in April 2016, so what in the world would take it over 2 years to build. I don't know that I believe this rumor. I know Spirit is on target sometimes, but I have to think he is getting wrong information or mixed up information.

Wow, that is not good at all if that is true. I mean seriously almost all of it is plug and play. There is no reason for construction on a project like this to take over 2 years to build. Construction should start in April 2016, so what in the world would take it over 2 years to build. I don't know that I believe this rumor. I know Spirit is on target sometimes, but I have to think he is getting wrong information or mixed up information.
His comments on both expansions are alluding to the huge restructuring problems associated with the expansions. Generally his Disney info is pretty right on. Check out his new thread Spirit 11.

His comments on both expansions are alluding to the huge restructuring problems associated with the expansions. Generally his Disney info is pretty right on. Check out his new thread Spirit 11.

I get there is infrastructure changes that need to be done, but really? This is just Disney being lazy if this is true. They could get it done earlier. I am sorry, the plug in play they have in mind for this land shouldn't take over 2 years to do. Even with infrastructure changes. Because the changes can be going on at the same time as these items are made off site. I understand why SWL would take longer, still think it is a mistake to release it in 2020, but there is more on site construction needed. But TSL should not take this long.

"It takes time to make the magic right"- Imagineering
CZRquzVUYAAzHA5.jpg

That's an absolutely atrocious and absurd timetable if true. I guess Disney really is content to allow DHS to remain on life support for three more years.

"Expedited." Give me a damn break...

Remember Disney did not announce any dates, just various irrational pro Disney people.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Remember Disney did not announce any dates, just various irrational pro Disney people.

I'm not really familiar with whatever date rumors might have been out there. My reaction to this is simply based on the deteriorating state of the park and its offerings, the date the land was announced, and the distance between that and "late 2018 to early 2019."

Last edited:
I have been saying 2018 since late Aug., remember that long convo about moving Costuming?
That's the big problem, but i'm still a bit confused as to why they have wited so long after closing the BLT to decide it's a good time to move costuming.

When the BLT closed, they knew it was closing for a future expansion. It didn't matter what it was and they probably didn't know at the time. But they should've been preparing the area more by moving costuming ahead of time so this wouldn't be a problem right now.

But 2018 fits what I said a few pages back (or maybe another thread?). I've always heard it to be

2017 - Avatar
2018 - TSL
2019 - SWL

To be fair, the coaster is more than just what they are doing with Hulk. They can't just throw it up at there is a fair amount of Rock Work, themed elements, elevation changes in the earth that need to be dug out, etc.

However, there's no reason this thing should be costing $500M. That's just stupid if true.

They haven't even moved out the entertainment wardrobe people yet , who occupy one of the buildings on the target construction site. They closed the Backlot Tour around 18 months ago and haven't done anything in that area. That early closing is starting to sound more like a cost cutting move than anything else. And now it's 18 months and counting on putting a third Toy StoryMania track in an existing building. Sure doesn't sound like any urgency to me concerning expansions.

They haven't even moved out the entertainment wardrobe people yet , who occupy one of the buildings on the target construction site. They closed the Backlot Tour around 18 months ago and haven't done anything in that area. That early closing is starting to sound more like a cost cutting move than anything else. And now it's 18 months and counting on putting a third Toy StoryMania track in an existing building. Sure doesn't sound like any urgency to me concerning expansions.
Oh it was obviously a cost cutting measure.

What pisses me off is that they didn't at least use the time to move Creative Costuming and clear out all the props and everything from the BLT, demo Catastrophe Canyon, etc. They could've gotten so much done in that time to be in great position now to literally just go and begin building. But nope.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog
I have been saying 2018 since late Aug., remember that long convo about moving Costuming?

I know 2018 was a possibility, but LATE 2018 or 2019? I figured it was late 2017 to beginning of summer 2018. So the late or 2019 is the part that confuses me. It shouldn't take that long.

To be fair, the coaster is more than just what they are doing with Hulk. They can't just throw it up at there is a fair amount of Rock Work, themed elements, elevation changes in the earth that need to be dug out, etc.

However, there's no reason this thing should be costing $500M. That's just stupid if true.

Rock work? I didn't think there was any rock work. And I didn't think it compared to Hulk, but I figured it compared to like a Mako install with maybe 6 more months for the theming they are doing.

Toy-Story-Land.jpg

I assume that all of that dirt looking area that the track runs trough in those trench-like areas will be "rock work", although that's just me assuming. If so though, there's a lot of it.

I don't understand, doesn't Disney have tons of money? Something like this shouldn't take less than a year to make, especially since it's been made before. I'm just over this garbage, they have no excuses