Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand, doesn't Disney have tons of money? Something like this shouldn't take less than a year to make, especially since it's been made before. I'm just over this garbage, they have no excuses
It actually literally hasn't been made before as neither ride have been built for the land. The Land set pieces? Yeah, they should be ready to go fairly quickly.

But literally nothing can happen until Costuming moves out of the lot, which is going to be the hold up for a bit.

It actually literally hasn't been made before as neither ride have been built for the land. The Land set pieces? Yeah, they should be ready to go fairly quickly.

But literally nothing can happen until Costuming moves out of the lot, which is going to be the hold up for a bit.
I meant the set pieces and layout. The rides shouldn't be that complex either, they're both dumbo and barnstormer level rides, nothing they haven't dealt with before. I guess there's the excuse lol, I mean it's legitimate but why didn't they plan for this sooner? Idk it's a mess

Cole: You got it completely right when you said "it's a mess'. That kind of sums up the whole DHS expansion mode. They could have been doing a lot of preparatory work for the last couple of years, but they chose to slash costs & budgets instead. That stuff helps the upper management bonus checks. Bureaucracy's are very self sustaining when they become entrenched. It becomes a business culture sickness.

Reactions: IzzyB and Cole
I meant the set pieces and layout. The rides shouldn't be that complex either, they're both dumbo and barnstormer level rides, nothing they haven't dealt with before. I guess there's the excuse lol, I mean it's legitimate but why didn't they plan for this sooner? Idk it's a mess
Well you're a bit wrong on the rides. Set pieces/layout yeah. But as I said, they can't do anything until Costuming moves.

But as for rides, the Buzz ride is a clone of the Mater ride and the Slinky coaster is much more than Barnstormer. It's longer than 7DMT actually and it has a launch and a pretty decent drop. This most definitely isn't Barnstormer or really even close.

Reactions: Cole
Well you're a bit wrong on the rides. Set pieces/layout yeah. But as I said, they can't do anything until Costuming moves.

But as for rides, the Buzz ride is a clone of the Mater ride and the Slinky coaster is much more than Barnstormer. It's longer than 7DMT actually and it has a launch and a pretty decent drop. This most definitely isn't Barnstormer or really even close.

I think what Cole is saying is that this is goundbreaking tech, but I agree... It's a lot more complicated than a simple plug'n'play type construction.

I think what Cole is saying is that this is goundbreaking tech, but I agree... It's a lot more complicated than a simple plug'n'play type construction.
Right. Some parts of it are easy to plug in, but others aren't. It's not as easy as prior TSPL's bc those were all Carny rides whereas the coaster in this land will take a bit longer.

Again though, it all comes down to when they can actually start working.

Really? I thought it was a woody woodpecker like ride, well that's pretty awesome actually and changes everything. However 3 years for that? Dang costuming

Really? I thought it was a woody woodpecker like ride, well that's pretty awesome actually and changes everything. However 3 years for that? Dang costuming
This is what it's supposed to look like. Notice how the coaster stretches all the way back.
Toy-Story-Land.jpg

Yeah I knew this would be a way better coaster than barnstormer. My guess is it is closer to Thunder Mountain than it is 7 Dwarfs. It has some pretty good elements in it. These are the types of coasters I wish Uni would build.

But I did miss that rock work before. Not sure how I didn't notice it. I was looking at all the props and stuff they had, but totally didn't see the rock work. So that would take more time. But still say over 2 years is bull crappy :)

Yeah I knew this would be a way better coaster than barnstormer. My guess is it is closer to Thunder Mountain than it is 7 Dwarfs. It has some pretty good elements in it. These are the types of coasters I wish Uni would build.

But I did miss that rock work before. Not sure how I didn't notice it. I was looking at all the props and stuff they had, but totally didn't see the rock work. So that would take more time. But still say over 2 years is bull crappy :)

The coaster looks great. Lift hill, a launch, maybe swiveling cars, amazing.

The coaster looks great. Lift hill, a launch, maybe swiveling cars, amazing.

I think it's going to be a good ride, but if Universal built this they'd be roasted for building "yet another bare-steel coaster". Still, I'm glad Disney is building a real coast. Should be fun.

I'm interested in the Donkey Kong ride for Nintendo. I think it could be a mix of this and the theming of SDMT.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I think it's going to be a good ride, but if Universal built this they'd be roasted for building "yet another bare-steel coaster". Still, I'm glad Disney is building a real coast. Should be fun.

I'm interested in the Donkey Kong ride for Nintendo. I think it could be a mix of this and the theming of SDMT.

I wouldn't roast them. It has a theme, props, and it doesn't go upside down. I think it is the perfect kind of family coaster. Most 4 or 5 year olds will be able to go on this coaster which is the perfect beginning age for this type of thing. What I am sick of at Universal is the high height restriction bare bones coaster. No theming while ON the ride. That is why I would love for dragons to be redone like hulk and this time add in stuff on the ground. Quidditch field would be perfect. Wouldn't be a huge cost adding factor but would add some near misses and something great to look at. But I don't mind Hulk, HRRR, or dragons. I think they are needed and I don't even mind where HRRR is.

I wouldn't roast them. It has a theme, props, and it doesn't go upside down. I think it is the perfect kind of family coaster. Most 4 or 5 year olds will be able to go on this coaster which is the perfect beginning age for this type of thing. What I am sick of at Universal is the high height restriction bare bones coaster. No theming while ON the ride. That is why I would love for dragons to be redone like hulk and this time add in stuff on the ground. Quidditch field would be perfect. Wouldn't be a huge cost adding factor but would add some near misses and something great to look at. But I don't mind Hulk, HRRR, or dragons. I think they are needed and I don't even mind where HRRR is.

I mean, I don't think this has much more theme than Hulk or Dragons does

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
To be fair, the coaster is more than just what they are doing with Hulk. They can't just throw it up at there is a fair amount of Rock Work, themed elements, elevation changes in the earth that need to be dug out, etc.

However, there's no reason this thing should be costing $500M. That's just stupid if true.

Have you seen the construction of the new coasters at Phantasialand? Enormously themed out rock work and the like. They'll have it open in well under two years from when the first fence went up. Kong shows you Disney is stupid slow on building things.

I mean, I don't think this has much more theme than Hulk or Dragons does

Does hulk or dragon have any props once you leave the station? Because this looks like it will have stuff throughout the whole track area. Hulk and Dragon are a bare bone steel coaster once you leave the the station/lift hill. Now mind you, I don't really have a problem with Uni having coasters like this. But I am not sure how you can say a ride with stuff throughout the ride will have the same theme level as a coaster that does not.

Does hulk or dragon have any props once you leave the station? Because this looks like it will have stuff throughout the whole track area. Hulk and Dragon are a bare bone steel coaster once you leave the the station/lift hill. Now mind you, I don't really have a problem with Uni having coasters like this. But I am not sure how you can say a ride with stuff throughout the ride will have the same theme level as a coaster that does not.

I guess I don't consider random props around a bare steel coaster "theming". Not knocking the ride at all, just don't really see this as a "themed" coaster

have you guys learned nothing from Disney's initial concept art? I'd take that coaster lay out with a HUGE grain of salt. Based on what happened to the 7DMT, I would be happy if the layout is half that length.

I guess I don't consider random props around a bare steel coaster "theming". Not knocking the ride at all, just don't really see this as a "themed" coaster

I don't think the theming is at the level of 7D or BTM. But I think it is a step above the theming of Hulk or Dragons. I think it would be squarely in the middle of those two in the terms of theming. Now when it comes to thrills, I think this will be closer to BTM than it will be 7D, but I do think it will be in the middle of those two in terms of thrills. Now if Uni wants to blow us away and give us full on theming like BTM, I am all for it. My thing is they need SOME kind of family coaster. Right now they have kiddie and teen/adult. There is nothing in the middle and that is a huge hole in their attractions line up.