Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The track layout is also different, fewer theming elements (such as toy soldiers, Pixar ball), fewer buildings overall too. The coaster does suddenly look far less impressive. Hopefully a quicker turnaround but unlikely!

The track layout is also different, fewer theming elements (such as toy soldiers, Pixar ball), fewer buildings overall too. The coaster does suddenly look far less impressive. Hopefully a quicker turnaround but unlikely!

Yeah I'm taking a closer look now and yeah, what a bummer. I want be optimistic and hope that more themeing is added in the final product but let's be realistic here: Shanghai.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Some are claiming that the Al's Toy Barn gift shop is still in the plans, just barely off to the side of the wall concept art. Because god knows we need more shopping opportunities!

Yeah, and many bragged this would go way over the top of Hong Kong's version. If any, not by much.

I agree by a landslide. Hell; i'd even compare it to WDSP's and that its not having more than two attractions; makes me really worry for the sake of HWS in capacity in when SWL opens.

I think, sincerely; they should've done something else than TS, as there are countless IPS that WDI can pull from Pixar and WDA that's been major successes the past few years (Wreck It Ralph, Inside Out, Up, Monsters {Counting the original and the University}, and hell; even Frozen as HWS would've been the more proper place to house that IP).

I agree by a landslide. Hell; i'd even compare it to WDSP's and that its not having more than two attractions; makes me really worry for the sake of HWS in capacity in when SWL opens.

I think, sincerely; they should've done something else than TS, as there are countless IPS that WDI can pull from Pixar and WDA that's been major successes the past few years (Wreck It Ralph, Inside Out, Up, Monsters {Counting the original and the University}, and hell; even Frozen as HWS would've been the more proper place to house that IP).
This is true, but a Toy Story land themed to the backyard is the cheapest one out of all the options.

Don't forget, if SWL is going back by TSL, then Star Tours would most likely close.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I hate to be the person to play devil's advocate, but the plan was always to give Midway Mania its own inclusive land. So that's the reason TSL has two new attractions and not three: because TSMM is the third one. However, it felt like they wanted this to be the deluxe treatment over WDSP/HKDL with the two unique rides along with the plush Slinky Dog Coaster.

Now they've clearly trimmed the budget to take away almost any of those factors. So while, with TSMM, this land will arguably be an upgrade over the Playlands, it's by a much, MUCH smaller margin.

Don't forget, if SWL is going back by TSL, then Star Tours would most likely close.

Bingo. And if DL's ST is closing aswell (which, you have to imagine that it will due to it being nowhere near SWL); it makes sense to take two birds out with a boulder. Which, I can get to a rant about that but i'll abide for the time being.

Bingo. And if DL's ST is closing aswell (which, you have to imagine that it will due to it being nowhere near SWL); it makes sense to take two birds out with a boulder. Which, I can get to a rant about that but i'll abide for the time being.
Yeah, it won't be a big deal. DHS has a ridiculous amount of capacity.