Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Geez, the third track is 18 months and counting already. Heck Universal tore down a building and put up a new building with Transformers in it in two thirds of that time. :lol:
If Disney truly wanted, this track could've been open last summer. It just isn't a high priority project for them.

Reactions: Ryan and Cheezbat
No doubt. But then, what is a high priority project for them? :)
I honestly wouldn't say anything besides maybe there lifestyle center fits that category. However, they do have a lot of projects i'd consider mild priority going on in the swamps. There's actually a lot going on throughout the resort when you take a step back and look, it's just Disney goes at an annoyingly slow speed to spread costs.

I honestly wouldn't say anything besides maybe there lifestyle center fits that category. However, they do have a lot of projects i'd consider mild priority going on in the swamps. There's actually a lot going on throughout the resort when you take a step back and look, it's just Disney goes at an annoyingly slow speed to spread costs.
I completely agree with you. Though, you'd think on the DHS front, you'd think they'd want to increase capacity quickly(third track) in a park that's really lacking adequate capacity.But it seems they have a complete lack of empathy for their customers. They're still riding the coat tails of their strong brand recognition.... Kind of on the other side of the coin, when it comes to DVC conversions, they're pretty quick. ;)

I completely agree with you. Though, you'd think on the DHS front, you'd think they'd want to increase capacity quickly(third track) in a park that's really lacking adequate capacity.But it seems they have a complete lack of empathy for their customers. They're still riding the coat tails of their strong brand recognition.... Kind of on the other side of the coin, when it comes to DVC conversions, they're pretty quick. ;)
Even with DVC they're going slower these days. They're literally STILL finishing on DVC "enhancements" at the Poly. Ex. - Quiet pool, which just reopened with a bar and hot tub. Ya know, the things you'd expect at a hotel that charges $600+/night...

Reactions: Mad Dog
No doubt. But then, what is a high priority project for them? They kind of have a corporate philosophy that accentuates low priority. :)

From what I've heard, Star Wars Land in Anaheim has skyrocketed to a very high priority which to me is a little ironic since Disney doesn't seem to be doing anything to brace for the strain that will bring on the resort's infrastructure. DCA badly needs Marvel attractions (and no overlays!!) to provide that balance. Also that new parking garage on top of the Pumbaa lot won't be finished by then either.

There does seem to be this cocky bravado of "well, we're Disney World so no need to rush"... and to a certain extent they are right but even that is eventually going to run out of steam. Sure, people are coming, but what about the people who go home and gripe? The Disney uber fans will shell out the cash for those special events, but that is shortchanging families by kicking them out of the park. And worse is that there just isn't anything new.

I get that all the other projects around the resort are necessary but people go to WDW for the parks. That should always be the highest priority.

My prediction, TSL FINISHED (it will probably open in stages like NFL did) in 2020, SWL in 2021 (the park's 50th).

My prediction, TSL FINISHED (it will probably open in stages like NFL did) in 2020, SWL in 2021 (the park's 50th).
sorry have to disagree typical construction of a land takes 3 years and thats for lands far more immersive than this land ie Carsland and Pandora look for this to open no later than 2018 at some point

Reactions: IzzyB
sorry have to disagree typical construction of a land takes 3 years and thats for lands far more immersive than this land ie Carsland and Pandora look for this to open no later than 2018 at some point
Sorry, I have to disagree. This is Disney. Nothing built on schedule or budget.

Ha...I knew they would scale back the initial concept of that coaster. I think I even called it in this thread.

Typical Disney being cheap, and dreaming way bigger than there budgets will allow. The relationship between the creative department and corporate must be tense.

Yeah this isn't happening. Even Disney slow speed with Avatar is faster than the timeline you are proposing. TSL is WAY simpler to that and Star Wars will be slightly simpler than Avatar. Not to mention many people have said Disney wants to speed up these timelines. I get the hate on Disney, but you need to be a little more realistic with your hate. Using their past trend shows your time lines are off.

Thy won't do staged opening. The thing about NFL is that it was really two lands. So the way it was they could open it in stages. Neither TSL or Star Wars the way they are built will allow staged opening. Same with Avatar. It will open as one. Sure certain rides may soft faster than others, but the land will grand open all at once.

The floating mountains aren't really all that complicated though.

I think the environment will be a little more ambitious with the amount of foliage involved. Star Wars Land will be mostly buildings, and I am assuming some backdrops. I don't think it will be nearly as lush.

Also, as the revised TSL concept art shows, don't take those initial SWL concept drawings to seriously. A lot can and will change by the time this thing opens up.