Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's noticeable in the SW art too.

The budget men are coming. The budget men are coming.
The original SW art I wouldn't read much into though. The stuff shown at D23 (at least SW related) was all CGI and slapped together so they could announce the project.

On the topic of TS Land, I see that they gave names for the two rides.

Even with the re-work I think it will serve its purpose well. My guess is a 38" height and it will make a nice family addition to the park. The flat ride will also be a good family addition. The park needed more family rides as the GMR & TS were the only rides the family could enjoy. Which for Disney is pretty bad. Now they have a ton of theater and live shows, but still, they needed more actual rides. Then SWL will give more actual rides of the adult variety. They need a phase 3 to really round out this park and I hope by 2025 we get Phase 3. But that may not happen with Disney. All depends on future management.

Keep in mind this coaster was never meant for the majority of you guys. SWL is the land that is meant for you guys. TSL was meant for families like mine.

Reactions: Ryno27
Even with the re-work I think it will serve its purpose well. My guess is a 38" height and it will make a nice family addition to the park. The flat ride will also be a good family addition. The park needed more family rides as the GMR & TS were the only rides the family could enjoy. Which for Disney is pretty bad. Now they have a ton of theater and live shows, but still, they needed more actual rides. Then SWL will give more actual rides of the adult variety. They need a phase 3 to really round out this park and I hope by 2025 we get Phase 3. But that may not happen with Disney. All depends on future management.

Keep in mind this coaster was never meant for the majority of you guys. SWL is the land that is meant for you guys. TSL was meant for families like mine.

I'm actually pretty excited for TSL. I think it'll be fun.

With that being said, it's still kind of junky, and being for families doesn't excuse that.

Reactions: Ryno27

Who it's meant for is irrelevant. It went from a pretty fun looking theme to mediocre in the span of 6 months. Sure, kids won't care but I'm looking at it from my perspective - and I was really looking forward to it with the 1st art.

Who it's meant for is irrelevant. It went from a pretty fun looking theme to mediocre in the span of 6 months. Sure, kids won't care but I'm looking at it from my perspective - and I was really looking forward to it with the 1st art.

I agree the first round of art work was better. But me personally, I feel like this will be just as much of a hit with the targeted audience and actually get it done on time. I think for me I would rather them open up this second version ASAP vs. add a year of construction for the 1st version. But that is just me and I know other people feel way different. Everyone's opinions are going to vary so much based on who they are and what type of rides they care about.

I agree the first round of art work was better. But me personally, I feel like this will be just as much of a hit with the targeted audience and actually get it done on time. I think for me I would rather them open up this second version ASAP vs. add a year of construction for the 1st version. But that is just me and I know other people feel way different. Everyone's opinions are going to vary so much based on who they are and what type of rides they care about.

A hit? Maybe,

I even think the 1st round of art wasn't a sure-fire thing. I just don't trust tourists. :lol:

They'll probably think it's something more grand, get there and see it's 2 new B/C-Ticket rides and a new entrance for an old one.

Yeah, the Disney people will eat it up. It will be constantly packed. They'll schedule vacations just for that. But it sure looks like it will be a mediocre land. And it will pay for itself, unlike Avatar, where they may never recoup the investment.

Reactions: IzzyB
Yeah, the Disney people will eat it up. It will be constantly packed. They'll schedule vacations just for that. But it sure looks like it will be a mediocre land. And it will pay for itself, unlike Avatar, where they may never recoup the investment.

Agreed, this land and SWL will recoup their money. I agree Pandora may never. Which is why I am glad they green lit SWL before Pandora finished. Otherwise we never would be getting SWL. It would have been a, "See we were right, built and and they still won't come" type of thing.