Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

This can't nearly be finished, and that's the back wall but in all honesty I never expected much from this facade either.
No, it's definitely not finished. But it's not looking all-too good either.

I have no clue how this is going to turn out given the recent progress. Could blow us away.

Here's a picture form Orlando Attractions Magazine with NEST on the building now.

BCdd__nCEAINFv9.jpg

From what I've read, that wall and the one facing Shrek will have NEST theming, while the walls facing the lagoon and New York will receive proper theming. No clue how it'll turn up in the end. They've still got a ways to go. And Optimus Prime is supposed to be "guarding" the entrance, so I'm expecting good stuff there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to see what it'll turn out like. Btw, E7 was the code name for the 3rd transformers movie from what i heard, so it's a little tribute. When you think about it, there's only so much you can do to theme a building as a military base. I think more props, pipes, and lettering can make it nice. Although ours is better as a photo op

Maybe it's just me but it seems like that wall is a little too cluttered with stuff. Kind of like they randomly selected the places to put some of the designs.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like that wall is a little too cluttered with stuff. Kind of like they randomly selected the places to put some of the designs.
Well, given Universal's recent designs (Simpsons, Transformers), I think that does sound about right.

Looking at some of the more recent pictures, it seems like they're making monumental progress thus far. Can't wait to see the finished product, even though I'm willing to bet we'll all be jealous by the time their building is done.

Judging from the latest updates, it looks like we got jipped again.

It doesn't make sense. It's common knowledge that budget constraints/budgeting were the primary reasons why Hollywood got the facade that it did - but still. Look at Singapore. From what I hear, they're bigger penny pinchers than we are, yet they managed to get their facade up. And judging from the progress made in Florida, it looks like they're getting full sized figures as well.

Boggles my mind.

Boggles my mind too. Pretty amazing facade IMO. REALLY immerses you in the whole NEST headquarters feeling. I mean, mind you, we only have one side of the building guests can see compared to Florida's 4 sides, but Singapore also only has one visible side, and theirs is so great! I'm very jealous of the Florida facade....:/

I have seen it first hand here in Orlando before and after the surrounding walls went up and from what I was informed from one of the park staff (not a reliably valid source) the ride track is 2 floors. From what I've seen it looks that way. When they were building there were distinct floors seperated by a concrete foundation. The facade is ok but the overall building is much more massive in person than the perception of the pictures. Also to add the building sticks out like a sore thumb, not impressed with their ability to blend it in to the park

^ Our USH version, as well as the Singapore version are all clones of each other ride-wise, and the Florida one is a clone as well. They all have two floors. It's actually a pretty awesome technique, the elevator is the one "new" technological "breakthrough" compared to the Spiderman ride

I am definitely exited to see transformers and I will be there on launch day but speaking of Spiderman the new hd ride film is thoroughly impressive so I can't wait to see transformers in person. As for the elavator that is a detail I was not informed of, I know they are already making test runs and the sound is so overwhelming you can hear the audio from the monster cafe. That definitely seems to be a design flaw on usf's part which is something I hope to see fixed by launch day. Overall I'm exited , is anyone else going to Florida's launch day? Id love to meet up with another fan...