Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 317 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I thought jtsalien showed us that the tanks were made for LNG and not LN. Are there fire or fog effects in MIB or fog effects in Twister?

To clarify Teebs, I just found that's what Air Products is known for. I couldn't find the tank used here on their products page.

Ok... I will buy LN then. So we have a big tank outside. What was the large tank on the inside of the building for? I believe it was on the NY side of the building. If both are LN, then why one outside and one in, other than for space?

Are you talking about these two tanks?

Transformers-124.jpg

If so, I am 99.9% sure they are for storing compressed air.

HtF, Any effects in the USH version that have blowing, rushing air at high pressure? Or maybe a moving effect the is powered by pneumatics.

Yeah, so now I am kinda convinced... would the fins on the pipe be to draw heat away? I am kinda joking (being a dufuss) with the knowledge that I have known that fins on electronics have been used to draw heat away for decades. It makes sense they would want to keep all heat away from LN. I guess I am surprised that it would be kept so far away, even though I know the LN tanks for T2 are about 100' away from the building. God forbid I used my brain. It seemed like a good discussion!

Yeah, so now I am kinda convinced... would the fins on the pipe be to draw heat away? I am kinda joking (being a dufuss) with the knowledge that I have known that fins on electronics have been used to draw heat away for decades. It makes sense they would want to keep all heat away from LN. I guess I am surprised that it would be kept so far away, even though I know the LN tanks for T2 are about 100' away from the building. God forbid I used my brain. It seemed like a good discussion!

I would think the heatsink fins are to dissipate the cold so that the LN2 can boil and convert into a gas. I think its expansion ratio is like 1:600 something, so its under extreme pressure once its gaseous. I wonder if those large tanks have a vacuum layer for insulation to keep the LN2 from boiling off inside the tank so quickly.

I would think the heatsink fins are to dissipate the cold so that the LN2 can boil and convert into a gas. I think its expansion ratio is like 1:600 something, so its under extreme pressure once its gaseous. I wonder if those large tanks have a vacuum layer for insulation to keep the LN2 from boiling off inside the tank so quickly.

Here's a cutaway of a typical tank from the page bob referenced earlier:

gases-typical-tank-cutaway_zpsc3a14486.gif

EDIT: Also according to this Air Products Nitrogen safety form, it's liquid to gas expansion rate is 1 to 694.

Last edited:
I ran that UPC code, forward & backward, through Amazon and nothing came up. Thought there might hve been a Transformer product of some sort that would register, but to no avail.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Forgot to mention the gift shop looks TINY! And the "hydraulic" doors mentioned earlier do look great but agree that they wouldn't work in a real life application! :p

I was expecting the gift shop to be tiny considering the space in the building, but I'll be going before the ride opens to check it out. I need to get my hands on an Evac!

The only thing worth noting from today, was that earlier in the day they were working on the street pavement for Shrek Alley again, so it was closed off. Though in the afternoon, they had re-opened it for foot traffic. Otherwise, just a few more details here and there on the building.

Since we already had some TF updates today, and there wasn't a big leap in progress, I'm gonna head to bed now because I'm exhausted. My 60 pics from today are uploading to Photobucket at a painfully slow pace... I'll be back tomorrow and post some of the highlights from the set, though y'all are welcome to check out the album as the pics are uploading live. If you so wish, you may post any pics you find interesting. Here's the album!

PS: Photobucket is also being stupid, and with their new version, I can't set up the album to show pics in chronological order... so, they'll be in reverse order. Sorry :(

Goodnight! :wave:

Reactions: PourJudgment
Could the tanks inside the building have anything to do with the elevators. I remember in a discussion about the USH version and how they weren't using a regular hydraulic elevator but a slightly different type that was done to make it smoother, so people are less likely to feel it. I may be way off, since I have no idea what type of elevators there actually are and if they actually could have anything to do with them. Since I am more electrical.