Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I would think the heatsink fins are to dissipate the cold so that the LN2 can boil and convert into a gas.

Well I had that backwards. Goes to show that if you want an informed opinion on LN, don't ask Teebin!

Here's a cutaway of a typical tank from the page bob referenced earlier:

EDIT: Also according to this Air Products Nitrogen safety form, it's liquid to gas expansion rate is 1 to 694.

And you and Bob get the Sherlock Holmes award for the week!

Highlight shots from yesterday:

Work on the pavement...

IMG_3270_zpsd5a809be.jpg

IMG_3271_zpsdc603a11.jpg

IMG_3321_zps08a8754a.jpg

IMG_3320_zps9774d42f.jpg

IMG_3326_zps821cdafd.jpg

IMG_3328_zps543f1314.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
What's with the giant Fleur-de-lis from Felipe's photo bucket pictures?

Mardi Gras event is going on, so the whole park is decorated in typical Mardi Gras colors and iconography, which at night includes these projections and other like it all around USF.

And finally, some nighttime shots from yesterday...

IMG_3369_zps53949872.jpg

IMG_3379_zps187f695e.jpg

IMG_3381_zpscdff4b70.jpg

IMG_3587_zps133a057e.jpg

IMG_3387_zps1119ca21.jpg

IMG_3389_zpsf2779e2a.jpg

IMG_3370_zps6656f290.jpg

IMG_3643_zpsa008b725.jpg

IMG_3638_zps37c58e75.jpg

IMG_3641_zpsf96023ce.jpg

I took the last few trying to be inconspicuous, so they didn't come out great. But if you're there, you can stare under these “door blinds” and see the machinery that probably does the Liquid Nitrogen stuff.

(Again, the full album with these and a few more shots is HERE)

Last edited:
Somebody asked if there was a scene in TF that features compressed air?

I believe when the Devastator sucks you into his mouth they use wind and compressed air effects.

SO.....Walls are down, looks like there isn't much more major work left to be done to the building.....that only leaves me with one question...... You guys think Optimus should be up pretty soon, say in around 3 weeks or so (I honestly think Optimus will be up before the Supply Vault opens....anyone else agree?)?

Mark Woodbury confirmed that Optimus would be guarding the attraction's entrance.

[video=youtube;E99_ImlvTvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99_ImlvTvY[/video]

Skip to 6:55 in the video to see Woodbury confirm this

SO.....Walls are down, looks like there isn't much more major work left to be done to the building.....that only leaves me with one question...... You guys think Optimus should be up pretty soon, say in around 3 weeks or so (I honestly think Optimus will be up before the Supply Vault opens....anyone else agree?)?

Depends. From the shots we've seen of the Supply Vault, it looks like they have a lot of work to do on the inside. Assuming Optimus is already finished, they would just have to mount him to entrance, but I really don't know how long that takes or if he's ready to be placed.

Why do we know, or think we know that it will be Optimus and not Bumblebee?

Universal Creative had mentioned it in one of the announcement videos I believe.

Reactions: Cwoolboy