Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God the show infrastructure is ugly. Let's hope they try to hide some of it like in WoC (and I don't mean submerging).

This was brought up in the Uni Misc Refurbs thread, but it had me wondering. What will the viewing areas be? They are using 2D water screens so watching from an odd angle wouldn't really work. Could you view from the San Francisco/"possibly Potter" areas on the back side of the park (I suppose it would work if the images would only be mirrored from that perspective)? Will Uni implement a viewing system a la World of Color where sections of the viewing areas are blocked off for team members to easily herd guests in and out? Will we see new signage on the park area near KidZone designating it as primary viewing for the Cinematic Spectacular?

Bear with me, as I don't know how any of this was done for 360 as I never stayed for that nighttime show. I'm just curious as to what implications this show has on the surrounding infrastructure and crowd control.

I'm just curious when this thing will actually be launching. Supposedly the plan was for 3.15, which obviously isn't happening.

I'm just curious when this thing will actually be launching. Supposedly the plan was for 3.15, which obviously isn't happening.

Same here. I'm anxious to start planning some trips around this show.

As an aside, how long did Universal 360 run for? Is this lagoon show going to last for a long time?

Remember guys, even after they get everything working, there is a rather lengthy program/ test and adjust phase. So this thing is still pretty far off considering they are still wiring it up.

I don't think that 3:15 was a premier date. It must mean something else.

When I was there the other day they were working on wiring and someone ran into the control booth and then out. For the most part all the major stuff seems to be complete. I would expect testing within a couple of weeks.

Regarding the pictures... anyone industry on here that recognizes the projectors or lighting additions in the above photos? Any tech insight will be appreciated by a few if not many.

Well since you asked for it, here is a partial equipment list for the show. All based on the pictures from this thread.

Rigging Equipment:
Custom aluminum truss towers built by Tomcat
2-ton chain motors model "RR" made by CM entrainment division

Audio
MILO Line array speakers by Myer Audio
MICA Line array speakers by Meyer Audio
M1D-SUB High power subwoofer by Meyer Audio
700HP High power subwoofer by Meyer Audio

Lighting Equipment
Tornado 2300 by Tempest enclosures (domes)
Twister 1800 by Tempest enclosures (small domes)
VL3500Wash moving heads by Vari*Lite
Color Blast PC LED Lights by Color kinetics (under water screens)
Mac-101 moving head by Martin Entrainment (possibly what’s going in small domes)

Thanks,
Can’t wait to check out this new show.

Techop

Reactions: Felipe
Well since you asked for it, here is a partial equipment list for the show. All based on the pictures from this thread.

Rigging Equipment:
Custom aluminum truss towers built by Tomcat
2-ton chain motors model "RR" made by CM entrainment division

Audio
MILO Line array speakers by Myer Audio
MICA Line array speakers by Meyer Audio
M1D-SUB High power subwoofer by Meyer Audio
700HP High power subwoofer by Meyer Audio

Lighting Equipment
Tornado 2300 by Tempest enclosures (domes)
Twister 1800 by Tempest enclosures (small domes)
VL3500Wash moving heads by Vari*Lite
Color Blast PC LED Lights by Color kinetics (under water screens)
Mac-101 moving head by Martin Entrainment (possibly what’s going in small domes)

Thanks,
Can’t wait to check out this new show.

Techop

Wow! Thanks for the info, Techop! Though I have no idea about any of those things... still very interesting!

PS: :welcome:

Wow, you are in the biz in some capacity to know those details! It's fun to check out the websites of these companies and read the details of these products. I hope you will chime in the next time we are tripping all over technical details that we don't understand.

Orlando Attractions Magazine just posted a video of the fireworks testing the other night. Looks good to me!

"We’ve been following the development of upcoming nighttime lagoon show at Universal Studios since October, when work began on reconstructing the former Cinesphere 360 show barges. Rehearsals of the new “Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories” show are being performed after the park closes to guests. We have some video to share, showing a few moments of the fireworks as seen from outside the park."

[video=youtube;AngMj2DDPTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AngMj2DDPTQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Orlando Attractions Magazine just posted a video of the fireworks testing the other night. Looks good to me!

"We’ve been following the development of upcoming nighttime lagoon show at Universal Studios since October, when work began on reconstructing the former Cinesphere 360 show barges. Rehearsals of the new “Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories” show are being performed after the park closes to guests. We have some video to share, showing a few moments of the fireworks as seen from outside the park."

Well, no one has said anything but it appears the show is going to end with the grand ET theme end music, timpany and stuff... love that! Listen closely to 1:22

Status
Not open for further replies.