Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it!

Now a question. Where do they launch the north and south fireworks from? I know the fireworks bunkers next to MIB are near the northern launch site. I cannot figure out where they would safely launch that big stuff from the south.

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it!

Now a question. Where do they launch the north and south fireworks from? I know the fireworks bunkers next to MIB are near the northern launch site. I cannot figure out where they would safely launch that big stuff from the south.
Trying to figure that out myself...I remember their being a firing location behind Disaster, but I would think that would be a fire hazard due to the proximity to a construction zone..I thought the firing location from MIB was cut due to the new Appartments..so maybe from BTTF for the North and Disaster/Beetlejuice from the South

Yet another revelation. Turns out, that entire raw video from Orlando Attractions Magazine is ET fireworks. The first part is the bike chase sequence music. Not sure what the middle is. So, this leaves the questions: Are the dual golden globes evocative of the ET glow finger touch scene? Will there be fireworks for only the final ET sequence or will there be more with the other earlier featured films? Hmmmm. I'm such a curious bugger.

Some cellphone pics from today:

IMAG0625.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0624.jpg

If that's the ending, the pyro for Universal keeps getting water down. And being land locked shouldn't pose any problem, Disneyland still puts on an amazing show. I'm only arguing because Universal 360 had a great finale for 2007 and 2008, but 2009 and on was weak. Most of the fireworks being used now is almost consumer class, so please Universal .... Lets atleast used the big boys for the finale like back in the days. And bring back a 4th of July show too!!

Here are some example of what I mean ....

2007 to 2008

[video=youtube_share;5o3N-ow3TY4]http://youtu.be/5o3N-ow3TY4[/video]

2009 and on

http://youtu.be/ULJ8bk_mmC4

I think they are looking to use the fireworks more effectively. With the music and timing, they are going for the idea of less if more. It's a meaningful ending, rather than just setting off a crapton of fireworks.

I think they are looking to use the fireworks more effectively. With the music and timing, they are going for the idea of less if more. It's a meaningful ending, rather than just setting off a crapton of fireworks.

Yea. This isn't a fireworks show. But judicious and smart use of fireworks in conjunction with the fountains and the waterfall screens is what's important here.

I agree. This is a show with a focus on the lagoon fountains and the water projections. Fireworks are an extra touch, but it's not going to be a fireworks show. I also think there will only be fireworks in the finale, not throughout the whole show. That way the attention is kept on the lagoon.

I agree. This is a show with a focus on the lagoon fountains and the water projections. Fireworks are an extra touch, but it's not going to be a fireworks show. I also think there will only be fireworks in the finale, not throughout the whole show. That way the attention is kept on the lagoon.

I could see there being a few other spots for Fireworks. Back to the Future springs to mind in that regard. And maybe during the horror portion.

I hope they dont bounce around all the movies like Universal 360 did... That was it's main problem. They need to have segments of some of universal's most memorable films with the lights and fountains, a few fountain, fireworks only portions would be nice too.

I think there will be pyro throughout the entire show but it will involve finesse. It is the only smart way to design a performance.

Also. Disneyland is allowed to put on more intense firework shows because they are grandfathered into the area and there are no neighborhoods as close by as there are to Universal. We are talking 1955 vs 1990 here.

Think of this as more of Waltzing Waters meets Fantasmic, sans live acting stunts and setwork. Fantasmic has those fireworks that helps get the finale across and the finesse technique is used to just constantly amaze everyone.

I hope they dont bounce around all the movies like Universal 360 did...

I believe the clips will be arranged in accordance to "theme". I believe we heard rumors of "Laughter", "Love", "Horror", :Excitement", etc.

So I'd imagine we could see multiple clips from the same movies throughout the show.

Just tossing it out there that the promo clip for this thing featured 5 movies only: Frankenstein, Jurassic Park, Apollo 13, BTTF, and finally, ET. I have no idea what that might mean or if it means anything at all. Perhaps there will be many movies but only 5 featured?

I think they just went with the most recognizable for the short promos and what they could fit in the frame. I don't think we should look too much into that other than that they are going to be the most recognizable Universal trademarks to the general audience from Universal's Library.

That will be the longest part of the show for sure. the finale. Why? Because ET is the highest grossing Universal film of all time. With inflation it is only behind Gond With the Wind and Star Wars. And of the bunch it is arguably the most family friendly of emotions and connection. The perfect finale moment.

The show will be in segments that are a bit more subtle than Universal 360 for sure. Within each theme there will be montage clips. A more elaborate Great Movie Ride finale.

We can probably also expect King Kong, Jaws a Despicable Me moment with hints of Bruce Almighty, The Sting, The Mummy...and clips from others. 12-15 min sounds about right. We are talking 100 years of Universal. They want to connect with as many people as possible during the show.

I"m hoping it will run closer to 20 minutes. Universal 360 was 15 minutes. I would think this would be a little more involved and 100 years is a lot of film to cover...

WoC is about 23 minutes, that's really pushing it. Illuminations is about 11, which is what I think the ideal show length should be.

Interesting to see the side jets, I wonder if those will be popper ones like at Fountain of Nations/WoC or just a row of jets like in Fantasmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.