Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some random pictures from Saturday . . .

LS-89.jpg

LS-95.jpg

LS-96.jpg

LS-97.jpg

LS-98.jpg

LS-103.jpg

Permanent screens?
LS-99.jpg

Blue material also for screens?
LS-100.jpg

Majority of wiring appears to be done as they are sealing the connections.
LS-101.jpg

LS-102.jpg

Part of show control system!
LS-104.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Bob! Why is there swag metal work still being built at the base of one platform and none on the others?

This steel work has now been installed or is in the process of being installed on all of the barges. Not sure if it will be installed on Amity side of last barge.

This steel work has now been installed or is in the process of being installed on all of the barges. Not sure if it will be installed on Amity side of last barge.

They might install it now, but might be differing installation till later since it's since it's not really visible from anywhere over there right now...

Teebin's incessant questions...

What are those plastic funnel thingys that appear filled with oil?
Will the funnels be visible above the water all the time?
Anything been modified regarding the projection pods. Are the projector openings still door-less or have automated doors been installed?
While this looks complicated, it still makes one wonder why it has taken so long to install. I assume this was prefabbed; all the lighting ordered?
Per the previous statement, this had better be over the top impressive.

Teebin's incessant questions...

What are those plastic funnel thingys that appear filled with oil?
Will the funnels be visible above the water all the time?

Anything been modified regarding the projection pods. Are the projector openings still door-less or have automated doors been installed?
While this looks complicated, it still makes one wonder why it has taken so long to install. I assume this was prefabbed; all the lighting ordered?
Per the previous statement, this had better be over the top impressive.

Could it be sealant getting funneled in? If thats the case then the funnels should be gone soon.

^ Yes, that is a sealant and the funnels will be removed. When finished, the cable should be dropped in the water out of view.

Doors have not been installed on the projector housings. It does not appear that any will be installed. I do think that the housings should have been painted a different color to better match their surroundings. Or maybe they could have been themed.

Good to know everything will be dropped into the water...I do believe I see some push to better hide the trussing which is nice...I'm sure the show quality team will make sure the projectors are relatively hidden (hopefully)

Just to add another question to the mix, where do the majority of the fireworks launch from? Simpsons or Disaster? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where's the best place to watch the show from. I'm thinking from Central Park but then I wouldn't be able to see the Simpsoms fireworks.

Just to add another question to the mix, where do the majority of the fireworks launch from? Simpsons or Disaster? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where's the best place to watch the show from. I'm thinking from Central Park but then I wouldn't be able to see the Simpsoms fireworks.

The fireworks are the same from either building, so you are not missing anything wherever you sit. But, from catching a glimpse of the show I think the best place to watch the show is definitely from the Central Park side of the lagoon.

The fireworks are the same from either building, so you are not missing anything wherever you sit. But, from catching a glimpse of the show I think the best place to watch the show is definitely from the Central Park side of the lagoon.

To clarify the question kgri2, does the big finale use both buildings to launch the big bang? See how they did a modest launch from the Simpsons building in tests weeks ago while the disaster building launches the big stuff:

[video=youtube_share;0mjl1e20x9w]http://youtu.be/0mjl1e20x9w[/video]

Did the big stuff launch from both buildings when you were there or do you not recall?

To clarify the question kgri2, does the big finale use both buildings to launch the big bang? See how they did a modest launch from the Simpsons building in tests weeks ago while the disaster building launches the big stuff:
Did the big stuff launch from both buildings when you were there or do you not recall?

That's exactly why I asked the question because from the video it looks as though the finale is not shared by both sides.

From what I saw the fireworks were the same throughout the show. From where I watched I could see the Simpson fireworks, but had to turn my head around to see Disaster's show. During the finale I was trying to take it all in and didn't pay attention to the Disaster side, so I don't know if the fireworks were exactly the same. Sorry.

My favorite place to always watch was behind Richter's. Granted I think that area might be busier now with the lack of Amity and from what I've inferred from construction photos, the location of the control booth.

From what I saw the fireworks were the same throughout the show. From where I watched I could see the Simpson fireworks, but had to turn my head around to see Disaster's show. During the finale I was trying to take it all in and didn't pay attention to the Disaster side, so I don't know if the fireworks were exactly the same. Sorry.

Wait....(Sorry I haven't been following this thread for a few days). So you have seen the show... when did you see it? Was it amazing!?!?! how often have they been testing the entire show? If I have misunderstood your entire post I apologize. hahah

Here's another new video of the show from a distance but this time it's the entire show. I also noticed that the fireworks finale seems to be evenly shared now and they've added a 3rd firing location now.

[video=youtube;0d6Ng7vrEuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6Ng7vrEuc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool and Felipe
Status
Not open for further replies.