Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uni filed to add 5 laser platforms around the lagoon, I would assume for the show.

I wonder if someone from Comcast saw the show and said, "this is great but what do you need from us to make it better. Lasers huh, here's a check." :lol:

When does the show run until this year?

Well as of right now its looking like its going to keep playing, unlike previous night shows at Universal that were strictly seasonal. Not guaranteed but it looks promising.

Absolutely loved the show, sat right next to richter's burgers and had a great view of the entire lagoon! Got soaked but it was so worth it! Great way to end a very long day in a hot sun!

I may be dense but I do not see how that confirms that there will be nothing of the show featured for HHN. I doubt we will get an all new same length edited show but I could easily see them projecting horror moments of their span as a studio since their first horror film origins all the way through in a looping montage on the water screens. Or something. No pyre of any kind or anything.

It would be neat if they could at least periodically run the shapes as seen in the preshow but with more horrifying images and icons. We already know they can shape Mother from Psycho and Jaws.

Saw it last night for the first time. Can't fully judge it yet as I didn't have a great view. Loved the use of the fountains from what I could see. The narration and score uses were great. Didn't like that they keep the area lights on during the show, thought that really took away from the show. Also thought they could've done a better job with the pyro for the majority of the show. They seemed like they were just sort of there for the sake of having fireworks, not really synced in anyway (or at least synced well). The finale was good. Again, I didn't have a real good view at all, so I want to wait to fully judge it until I can get a nice view of the show, but that's my thoughts from what I did see.

Last edited:
Yea, and in all the videos/pictures I've ever seen of the show the lights are off.

I've seen this happen in some spots, but sometimes a certain concession stand, cart, or even store turns lights back on to clean up. Or if you are at the Simpsons barge, you see the employee parking lights.

But I agree with you NextBigThing, the pyro is weak. The first two shell burst during the Universal Logo needs to be beefed up and show how Universal rules the Orlando skies!

How many people are sticking around for the show lately? Is it mobbed... Are people staying because of it?
There didn't seem to be a crazy amount of people there for it. It was tough to tell though from where I was standing though. Lots of trees in my way.

^The lights were on? The past three times I've seen it, the lights were turned off...
I was standing by Mel's bc my friends/family decided to get dinner right then. Also, I thought I remembered some street lights being on, but I could be wrong. Maybe Mel's was just really bright (which I guess is just unfortunate, bc the light was illuminating almost to the lake). I was only half paying attention bc of where we were watching it from, but that's just what I noticed.

Last edited:
I stood by Mel's the last two times I've seen the show, and both times the lights were out. I stood in Battery Park on the lower level, and I physically watched Mel's lights go out. Perhaps something was up? :shrug:

How many people are sticking around for the show lately? Is it mobbed... Are people staying because of it?

It is hard to tell because the crowd spreads around the lake, but there was a pretty big mob heading for the garages the night I saw it. And a couple weeks ago I was in WWoHP and the crowds there noticably lessened right before nightfall, seemingly because people were going over to see the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.