Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new year show imo was good, not great.
It was pretty much this years top songs with the lyrics showing on the water screens. The fireworks were about the same or maybe a little more than the normal show.
I watched it from the bridge by the Simpsons Ride, I couldnt hear the music, the speakers on or around that bridge werent on, I could only hear the music echoing off the transformers building lol. About an hour before it started you could not get a spot on the edge of the lagoon. During the show that bridge had so many people it was getting hard to move. it was so crowded, it might have been the most watched lagoon show with the new set up.

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for reporting from the eye of the storm :thumbs: Must have been a lot of fun, despite the huge crowds. Hope we get some video of the night, maybe Uni got some official footage :shrug:

I caught last night's show (I apologize for not filming it), and I can honestly say that I loved it. I watched from Central Park, just beside the viewing area construction. It felt like Cinespec on overdrive, which it was. The lasers and fountains were choreographed beautifully, the mist screens were used nicely, and with everything in effect at once, the entire lagoon liked one screen at some points.

I caught last night's show (I apologize for not filming it), and I can honestly say that I loved it. I watched from Central Park, just beside the viewing area construction. It felt like Cinespec on overdrive, which it was. The lasers and fountains were choreographed beautifully, the mist screens were used nicely, and with everything in effect at once, the entire lagoon liked one screen at some points.

Sounds great! Wish I would've been there to see it!
And no need to apologize :p Hopefully some video will pop up online :)

Here's a few pictures from the New Years Eve add-on that a friend posted on FB.

423673_397676030316219_1929811541_n.jpg

531430_397676060316216_140968220_n.jpg

23352_397676086982880_1931731021_n.jpg

480040_397676123649543_1847815456_n.jpg

148931_397676130316209_346942923_n.jpg

430889_397676136982875_1884359905_n.jpg

74534_397676150316207_849174580_n.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
HA! I was right on Gangnam Style! :whoo: Do you know what other songs they played?

For someone who spends so much time posting, you obviously missed that Michael Aiello had confirmed that it was going to be featured.

Anyways, a show featuring popular hits of the past year is great for a NYE spectacular. The majority of the audience will enjoy it, and its very similar to Dick Clark's New Years Rocking Eve. Disney used to do this with Grad Nite, and I enjoyed it. Pop music isn't my favorite, but at the right times, it serves its purpose. People party on NYE; pop music is party music. It's catchy, and it goes well with lasers and loud speakers. Kudos to Uni mixing it up because regular CineSpec would have been out of place.

ETA: Michael Aiello is awesome for interacting with fans. I enjoy the fact that he started off at Universal and has advanced so far. It's always great to see cast members and team members work their way up. It doesn't happen that often.

Also, the lasers really are a (pardon my word choice) spectacular addition.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtsalien
For someone who spends so much time posting, you obviously missed that Michael Aiello had confirmed that it was going to be featured.

Anyways, a show featuring popular hits of the past year is great for a NYE spectacular. The majority of the audience will enjoy it, and its very similar to Dick Clark's New Years Rocking Eve. Disney used to do this with Grad Nite, and I enjoyed it. Pop music isn't my favorite, but at the right times, it serves its purpose. People party on NYE; pop music is party music. It's catchy, and it goes well with lasers and loud speakers. Kudos to Uni mixing it up because regular CineSpec would have been out of place.

ETA: Michael Aiello is awesome for interacting with fans. I enjoy the fact that he started off at Universal and has advanced so far. It's always great to see cast members and team members work their way up. It doesn't happen that often.

Also, the lasers really are a (pardon my word choice) spectacular addition.

Would you like some burn with that Aiello filled awesomeness :lol:

Would you like some burn with that Aiello filled awesomeness :lol:

I love a good burn. :look:
Those lasers are just so epic.
They blew me away in October. It was my first time seeing CineSpec, but having already seen a YouTube video pre-laser, I could tell they were a game changer.
Thanks for posting the video! That was very cool! Lagoon partey!! Haha!! :dance:
So very colorful and fun!

...Anyways, a show featuring popular hits of the past year is great for a NYE spectacular. The majority of the audience will enjoy it, and its very similar to Dick Clark's New Years Rocking Eve. Disney used to do this with Grad Nite, and I enjoyed it. Pop music isn't my favorite, but at the right times, it serves its purpose. People party on NYE; pop music is party music. It's catchy, and it goes well with lasers and loud speakers. Kudos to Uni mixing it up because regular CineSpec would have been out of place.

I would not be surprised that they do something like this for Gradbash 2013... Minus the fireworks if needed (like how horror nights had mini shows) to help move the crowds around both parks easier...

Oh my glob. I've just discovered that Mike was right behind me for the whole show. I was just looking at the photos he put up on Facebook a minute ago, and I caught a glimpse of my mother in his video. I'm guessing he was on the upper deck, while I was on the lower deck.

Last edited:
OH. MY. GOD.

That was fantastic! I wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a great show. The lasers over the water add a lot. I hope the show is customizable enough to do updates/special performances often.

Including Bangarang is a great example of why they're successful at what they do. Starting the fireworks at a dubstep drop? Awesome. Disney wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole :lol:

Last edited:
Full NYE show shot from an elevated angle that I can't quite figure out:

[video=youtube;MTUUxyfP7Fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUUxyfP7Fc[/video]

Song list (in order):

1. Pound the Alarm by Nicki Minaj
2. It's Time by Imagine Dragons
3. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
4. Too Close by Alex Clare
5. Gangnam Style by PSY
6. Bangarang by Skrillex
7. Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye
8. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall by Coldplay