Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh someone at Universal or a contractor in this case got themselves a good video. :thumbs:

Awesome find, BJCool! :rep: That looked amazing! And the angle was great, you could even see fireworks in the distance :lol:

Truly Spectacular and a total blast! Wish I would've been there in person!

It would be cool if every once in a while they do a big dance party around the lagoon, something like this... Looked like a lot of fun!

Looking up Blaine Gathman, who posted the video on YouTube, it looks like he has delved into show lighting, and has some ties to theme parks. Though he looks much too young to be a contractor himself, maybe family of one? :shrug:

Looking this up is pointless, though... Who cares... :lol:

This is what happens to me when there's all these rumors and whispers of theme park projects and wars, and I'm left to be consumed by curiosity, anxiety and boredom... and nothing to do :look:

I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I personally didn't do much research and I just assumed it'd be a countdown and then the normal CineSpec. I had a terrible view, but it was still lots of fun.

Full NYE show shot from an elevated angle that I can't quite figure out:

[video=youtube;MTUUxyfP7Fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUUxyfP7Fc[/video]

The angle looks like could be Lombards balcony or the show control booth

Last edited:
NYE show segment that begins at the end of the countdown and the start of the music lineup (includes Nicki Minaj and Imagine Dragons).

[video=youtube;Q3uT-4efvdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3uT-4efvdU[/video]

From Universal News:

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Not Showing on Select Upcoming Dates
Please note that because of in-park corporate events taking place after park hours, we will not be putting on Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular on the following dates:

Tuesday, January 15
Wednesday, January 16
Tuesday, January 22
Wednesday, January 30

Be sure to check the park guidemap for showtimes on all other datees.

Looks like the new wall in the Central Park viewing area is almost done . . .

LS-027.jpg

LS-028.jpg

LS-029.jpg

LS-030.jpg

LS-031.jpg

LS-032.jpg

LS-033.jpg

A pink/red color as a primer makes zero sense. Red and yellows are the absolute hardest colors to cover and to cover with. The only thing that makes sense is, as Bob said, the first coat to a distressed look, or that's the color they're going to be. You only use a red primer with a different topcoat when it's ferrous metals, and you use an iron oxide primer. And even then you can usually get a white version of the same primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.