Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well there goes any chance of these coming to Hollywood lol.

Honestly doesn't surprise me a ton, I've honestly yet to see a totally positive review of the experience. I'd like them to kinda go back to the drawing board in the concept because I think there's a lot more potential to work with

Wowie that rough?
No inside info here. Just had a bad feeling when someone asked me this morning how long i thought it would last. And then seeing the price decrease tonight. It’s just so quiet in there when I’ve been there, it can’t be that profitable? It can’t last forever. Can it?

• Sad
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The construction of this place looks like they didn't have much confidence in it. There's literally a curtain covering an un-touched portion of The Groove.

But it would be wild to see it disappear so fast

I wish they would try to make some adjustments before shutting it down outright, if that is indeed a possibility. Some re-recordings of clues or additional signage pointing you in the right direction would go a long way. (I realize that's easier said than done, especially when you have talent like Christopher Lloyd involved, and if you give people TOO much guidance it stops being truly gamified... but... we need a little more here.)

I bet it lasts a bit still. And they may fiddle with it a bit more. But it’s not like Starcruiser. I’m sure they didn’t put *so* much investment into it that it can’t ever close.

This is a case of being too late to the trend. There are plenty of other things they can put there that can make money if they close it...

Reactions: Mad Dog
I didn't have "Great Movie Escape closing after less than a year" on my bingo card, that's for sure.

Hopefully they decide to adjust some things before outright closing, but like @Alicia said, I doubt they dumped THAT much money into this where they would refuse to close it.

I didn't have "Great Movie Escape closing after less than a year" on my bingo card, that's for sure.

Hopefully they decide to adjust some things before outright closing, but like @Alicia said, I doubt they dumped THAT much money into this where they would refuse to close it.

Who said it was closing?

Also appears the price drop is only on select weekdays before 6pm.

Also appears the price drop is only on select weekdays before 6pm.
The starting prices for both before and after 6pm dropped $10.

Before 6pm (or matinee as they call it) went from base price $49.99 to $39.99.

After 6pm went from base price $59.99 to $49.99.

It is still more on weekends and holidays like before, but now it is cheaper on some weekdays... but that's why I said the "starting prices" have been lowered.

Also, holy crap the STARTING price on Feb 20th is $64.99! Happy President's Day indeed!

So they’re surge pricing it. This was likely always on the table, and now that the initial “surge” is over they’re adjusting.

Unless the place is a ghost town and they start selling two-for-one tickets, I imagine Universal is invested in this for a couple of years.

Ratings on Google ain't helping either at 2.2 stars & 2.5 on yelp (low voting counts, however)

The park is the busiest I've seen it with multiple attractions at 2-hour waits today, and yet I can get a reservation for this at any time I want today.