Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know why they do it, but I think prohibiting photo and video inside is KILLING this, especially when all the reviews I’ve seen have a tough time explaining what exactly it is. Even for people who don’t want to be spoiled, there is only a few promotional images out there for each experience. Very hard to drop a lot of money in this age on what is essentially a complete mystery experience.

If they want this to succeed they should make a breif trailer for each experience that shows a few of the best moments in action while keeping the methods of solving puzzles vague.

Still has 2.2 stars on google reviews with 100+ reviews…

Can’t be too long until they throw in the towel? SNL comedy club incoming?

They could turn this into an SNL Dinner Theater. Stage is already there, can install a kitchen behind Fat Tuesday. Two showings a night, could be a hit.

Still has 2.2 stars on google reviews with 100+ reviews…

Can’t be too long until they throw in the towel? SNL comedy club incoming?

They could turn this into an SNL Dinner Theater. Stage is already there, can install a kitchen behind Fat Tuesday. Two showings a night, could be a hit.
YES!

Let’s get the SNL comedy club rumors going againnnnnn :)

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I know why they do it, but I think prohibiting photo and video inside is KILLING this, especially when all the reviews I’ve seen have a tough time explaining what exactly it is. Even for people who don’t want to be spoiled, there is only a few promotional images out there for each experience. Very hard to drop a lot of money in this age on what is essentially a complete mystery experience.

If they want this to succeed they should make a breif trailer for each experience that shows a few of the best moments in action while keeping the methods of solving puzzles vague.
lol

Yeah, if I can't take a picture with my friends then whats the point.

No Clue why Universal would do this, it also limits websites/blogs from covering it

I mean, pretty much every escape room out there has a no photos/videos policy and many require you to put your phones in a locker beforehand. That's not the issue here lol.

The issue is pretty straightforward tbh:

1) It's by far the lowest rated escape room I've ever seen in Orlando
2) It's more expensive than almost every escape room in Orlando
3) It's not even an actual escape room which draws away most enthusiasts (see: reviews on escape room enthusiast sites like Morty where every category is rated well other than "Gameplay".)
4) The only way to have a private experience is dropping hundreds of dollars.

I love escape rooms and have done plenty throughout Orlando and never once have considered this one as a real option. They dropped the ball in pretty much every way imaginable on something that should've been an easy home run. Frankly, this is another Galactic Starcruiser situation where they took something that should've been simple and overcomplicated it and now we're just waiting for it to inevitably shut down. It's wild. An escape room that's not an actual escape room is like a Fast & Furious ride that's not fast.

Last edited:
I mean, pretty much every escape room out there has a no photos/videos policy and many require you to put your phones in a locker beforehand. That's not the issue here lol.

The issue is pretty straightforward tbh:

1) It's by far the lowest rated escape room I've ever seen in Orlando
2) It's more expensive than almost every escape room in Orlando
3) It's not even an actual escape room which draws away most enthusiasts (see: reviews on escape room enthusiast sites like Morty where every category is rated well other than "Gameplay".)
4) The only way to have a private experience is dropping hundreds of dollars.

I love escape rooms and have done plenty throughout Orlando and never once have considered this one as a real option. They dropped the ball in pretty much every way imaginable on something that should've been an easy home run. Frankly, this is another Galactic Starcruiser situation where they took something that should've been simple and overcomplicated it and now we're just waiting for it to inevitably shut down. It's wild. An escape room that's not an actual escape room is like a Fast & Furious ride that's not fast.
If it’s not a true escape room then spoilers shouldn’t matter then, but yes I still understand why they don’t allow photo and video. When your upcharge experience exists besides two world famous theme parks though, you’re going to need to at least show people a little bit of what’s inside to convince them not to just go to the parks they most likely already paid for. The only marketing I’ve seen for this is the single logo with generic JW and BttF graphics.

If it’s not a true escape room then spoilers shouldn’t matter then, but yes I still understand why they don’t allow photo and video. When your upcharge experience exists besides two world famous theme parks though, you’re going to need to at least show people a little bit of what’s inside to convince them not to just go to the parks they most likely already paid for. The only marketing I’ve seen for this is the single logo with generic JW and BttF graphics.
And I totally get that and agree profusely that the marketing has been rough for this. Like several people pointed out on the last page, things like the fact that they're failing to even let customers know that the experience is in CityWalk and not the parks is baffling. There are press photos out there as well that they could and absolutely should be using to push this thing (such as from the initial ticket announcement here).

I just don't think the lack of fan photos is what's "KILLING this" is all. No other big escape room in Orlando has this issue because the product they're putting out is good and the reviews reflect that and give people a reason to trust the experience. Universal already has an advantage with the number of customers passing by the building every single day and the big properties being used, yet they're failing to capitalize on it because of the product.

I'm just surprised they're not discounting at all. I did the Jurassic World one and it was a blast and so well done. But it was definitely steep for the price.

Looking forward to going back and doing the BTTF one sometime.

Ok, maybe just turn it into a Universal Legacy Lounge. Like Hard Rock Cafe/Planet Hollywood, but only showcasing Universal related stuff. Actual BttF costumes and props. One of the sharks from the JAWS ride. The Cow from Twister. American Werewolf in London, American Graffiti, Psycho, and the Monsters (Munsters), and the list goes on. Just chock the place full of "Universal" stuff.

Ok, maybe just turn it into a Universal Legacy Lounge. Like Hard Rock Cafe/Planet Hollywood, but only showcasing Universal related stuff. Actual BttF costumes and props. One of the sharks from the JAWS ride. The Cow from Twister. American Werewolf in London, American Graffiti, Psycho, and the Monsters (Munsters), and the list goes on. Just chock the place full of "Universal" stuff.

Make it Universal’s Trader Sams