Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder how much money they could print with a Potter room where you had to use your wand?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Excited to see this come to fruition. I bet it will sell well initially amongst locals, but I wonder how it will do long-term at a (presumably) premium price point. I’m guessing at least $40 per person, maybe $225 for a group of six? Capacity is low, low, low, so they can afford to be pricey, at first…

Excited to see this come to fruition. I bet it will sell well initially amongst locals, but I wonder how it will do long-term at a (presumably) premium price point. I’m guessing at least $40 per person, maybe $225 for a group of six? Capacity is low, low, low, so they can afford to be pricey, at first…

There will totally be surge pricing and such. I bet the “Starting at” price is something competitive like $39.99. But then you want to do it in the evening or after dinner and it’ll probably be more around $89 per.

Reactions: Clive
Curious if this will come to Hollywood... a space has been vacant there for a while (the old "Howl at the Moon" piano bar), and it was rumored to turn into an escape room. No movement has happened on the site yet, but could this be the ones that were rumored there?

Curious if this will come to Hollywood... a space has been vacant there for a while (the old "Howl at the Moon" piano bar), and it was rumored to turn into an escape room. No movement has happened on the site yet, but could this be the ones that were rumored there?
I heard it was canceled for Hollywood, when it was started here.

Reactions: salismetho
Yeah there were actual permits filed back in April 2021, but like Alicia said I heard it was since canceled at least for now

Reactions: Alicia
Do we know the number of escape rooms? Seems like this is gonna be a crazy low capacity attraction. Maybe even the lowest capacity thing Disney or Universal have ever built?

and....the thirst for the comeback of classic attractions is sated a tiny bit. :lol: .....that's probably the only taste that those who yearn for a new BTTF, old time Kong, Murder She Wrote, Ghostbusters,Twister & Jaws attractions will ever get.

Reactions: Sithina and Nico
I heard Jurassic Park as one so I imagine the ties to the World vs Park will mostly be surface level.

Most insiders heard of three rooms so I bet they will expand soon

It depends on quality. Bad escape rooms are easy to make, good ones are hard to find. I bet their concepts are much more grand and include things like actors.
Yep, I'm expecting this to be closer to Strange Bird Immersive in Houston or 13th Gate in Baton Rouge than The Escape Game. The only thing I'm worried about is difficulty, I have a feeling these may be pretty simple rooms overall.

Reactions: Clive
Escape rooms generally are 50-60 minutes. I would assume they would design them with this in mind.