Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To increase capacity, what if each experience actually has multiple rooms in it, and you are forced to go to the next room after 15-20 minutes(like in JW, the Dino has broken through the gate so you have to go to a more secure location, if you are not already there) This way you can constantly be having new groups go into the experience every 20 minutes or so vs one group an hour plus however long it takes to reset. This would also be similar to the VOID as they would have more than one group in the experience at each time, one at the start, one at the middle and one at the end.

"We'll offer a coupon day."

I think pricing will be a surprise to people.

Here’s the thing… it will almost assuredly be super expensive (especially during peak days/hours, as you pointed out), but I think a price point that is comparable to a 1 day admission ticket is going to be tough to swallow for most guests. Granted, they don’t have to convince “most guests.” But these rooms better be exceptional in terms of fun, sophistication, and theming to justify what may end up being an unprecedented premium.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Here’s the thing… it will almost assuredly be super expensive (especially during peak days/hours, as you pointed out), but I think a price point that is comparable to a 1 day admission ticket is going to be tough to swallow for most guests. Granted, they don’t have to convince “most guests.” But these rooms better be exceptional in terms of fun, sophistication, and theming to justify what may end up being an unprecedented premium.
My guess is $80 per person. Or potentially $200 per group (max 8).

That said, I assume each experience will have 3-4 rooms that take 18-20 minutes each. The whole appeal of this specific experiences are the locations you can visit. If you don’t go back in time on the BTTF experience, and it’s only Doc’s lab, regular guests won’t care.

Here's how I see it:
  • We're really only looking at around 220 guests a DAY if there are only two rooms. That's assuming operation from 11am-2am.
  • The most expensive escape room I've found was a peak time $50 per person room.
  • Looking at Hollywood Drive in Mini Golf and the Congo River on I-Drive pricing I see Universal is pricing Hollywood at a 16% premium ($19 vs $16).
  • Applying this to the escape room pricing, we get around $58.
So maybe not the $80 I was saying, but $60 seems high enough.

and....the thirst for the comeback of classic attractions is sated a tiny bit. :lol: .....that's probably the only taste that those who yearn for a new BTTF, old time Kong, Murder She Wrote, Ghostbusters,Twister & Jaws attractions will ever get.
I can still see a Ghostbusters ride happening again, especially with the successful reboot/legacy sequel.

What if it’s less of an escape room, and more of like an interactive theatre, as in you have input in the story, but you will always have some kind of escape or get to the last room/scene.

Here's how I see it:
  • We're really only looking at around 220 guests a DAY if there are only two rooms. That's assuming operation from 11am-2am.
  • The most expensive escape room I've found was a peak time $50 per person room.
  • Looking at Hollywood Drive in Mini Golf and the Congo River on I-Drive pricing I see Universal is pricing Hollywood at a 16% premium ($19 vs $16).
  • Applying this to the escape room pricing, we get around $58.
So maybe not the $80 I was saying, but $60 seems high enough.

I like this train of thought. HD mini golf looks awesome as you take the walkways in, but how often do you really do it? It is not even that expensive. We do it once at least every other trip, and it is rarely crowded (anecdotal, to be sure).

I wonder about the low capacity for an escape room but price, location, and the fact that there are two theme parks right there, might help make this work.

Reactions: Mad Dog
OK, I know I am the end all and be all of judgement but with both the lower lines bulging out it needs the standard globe Universal not the drawing you in , sagging one.

Reactions: Disneyhead
While I'd never been suckered into these kind of experiences anywhere, I never would do these kind of things while fun theme parks are taking up my time. But, I understand there is a market for and I'm happy for anyone who like these experiences.

Lets wait and see what the quality is before discussing price and value. Theme parks and water parks aren't created and priced equally so I think that also would be true for an escape room. In the end market and demand will determine the price.

I could see this being a hit specifically with guests staying on resort property. I agree that I probably wouldn’t take time out of my day of visiting a theme park to leave and go to an escape room, but I absolutely would go try it out if I was already staying close by. I won’t be surprised if I see something like discounted tickets for resort hotel guests just as an added incentive.

Reactions: graspthesun
This is the perfect thing to do on either your first or last day staying on property I know plenty of people if they have a flight come in at noon, they don’t buy a ticket for the park that day, but instead they can do something like this.

Reactions: MI1287
Considering how big the old Groove space is, partnered with the fact that there are only two rooms (even if room is leftover for a third) tells me that capacity will absolutely be higher than a standard escape room. Whether that’s through segmented rooms as was suggested earlier, multiples of each room, or some combination of both, no way each room isn’t at least capable of processing over 500 people per day, minimum.

I'm just glad the club scene "thing" finally died at Disney and Universal

The 2000s held on, but ultimately we finally moved on

Rising Star and Bob Marley’s still hold strong. Don’t think the Groove ever had much of a fan base.

I assume this attraction will be open late? Probably midnight or 2am on the weekends. Will be interesting to see if they also have a bar/cocktail lounge in this place for guests doing the rooms.

Reactions: Coolbfitz