Universal Executive Leadership Changes | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Executive Leadership Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No we know that Trowbridge is still on Star Wars Projects? Because there are no new ones even being rumored and the hotel is about to open. It would make little sense to keep him on Star Wars if they aren't planning on building anymore SW in the near future.

Remember, Rohde was mainly on DAK projects in his tenure with Disney and even still, he got moved around quite a bit to other projects such as Aulani, GotG: MB, etc. I think it's very possible Trowbridge stays on Star Wars for the long term, yet also moves to other projects in the interim. They'd be foolish to let him walk.

He’s currently doing the Star cruiser media circuit.

He’s currently doing the Star cruiser media circuit.
Well obviously - it’s a Star Wars project. But my point is that that’s the last known SW project we know about for quite some time I’d imagine. Who’s to say once he’s done doing media for Starcruiser that he isn’t put on another project that’s non-SW related?

If I was Head of WDI, I’d insert him into the Avengers E-ticket project since that project seems to be going through development hell.

Do we know what his previous position was?

EDIT: Coming back to this almost immediately--he as it stands now is Sr. VP of Universal Parks and Resorts, and is a Executive Project Director of the company.

I just read that he has been with the company since 1995 was involved with the entertainment department back than.

Aha before Michael Hightower worked at Universal almost thirty years ago, he was at oceaneering and his background is engineering...if UC is going to create next level rides in house, he would be the guy
Well that’s encouraging considering they’re building a new theme park, then will be building new stuff at the existing parks.

The future of Universal as a vacation destination and theme parks is just simply far more exciting than Disney, and I know I have natural bias but I find it hard to not look at it that way objectively.

We've renamed the thread as more changes have been announced.

In another round of leadership changes at Universal, it was announced today that Bill Davis, President of Universal Orlando Resort, will retire. Karen Irwin, current President of Universal Studios Hollywood, will replace Davis as President. A lot more changes were also announced, including Tom Mehrmann replacing Irwin in a newly-created role of President, Pacific Rim, Universal Parks & Resorts, overseeing Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan and Universal Beijing Resort.

I hope this means Hollywood keeps getting more attention...the fact that during this time of year the parks are closing at 5pm-8 pm is to me a joke. The Park is really great but just needs more offering to get people to stay later

UPR New Ventures is a new division last time I checked...so Alex might be on to something.

• Page Thompson, currently President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Parks & Resorts – International, will take on a new role as President, UPR New Ventures. Mr. Thompson has played a key leadership role in the development of Universal Beijing Resort and continued growth of Universal Studios Japan. In his new role, he will work to identify new opportunities for Universal to expand the concept of theme park entertainment and bring the brand to life for new audiences.

Reactions: shiekra38