Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd honestly be stunned if there's no shopping area/walking area, i.e. CityWalk 2.0. It's the most obvious way to connect various properties and bring in outside guests.

So although it's conjecture at this point, it feels like it'd be a huge mistake to not build it given convention goers nearby and as a way of getting guests to spend more time on the resort when not at the parks, i.e. night hours as @JungleSkip mentioned.

giphy.gif

So after some searching, the following position was filled and started in May. I'd say it's likely that Project 304 is the park for Site B.

Assistant Director, Engineering and Safety, Project 304, Universal Creative
Having fun digging into all the PDFs right now myself...

So far, the only structures permitted are office trailers, that I can find. But the land area is quite large for sure.

Trailers-permit-project-304.jpg

304-land-survey-1.jpg

Photos below from ParkRumors:

trailerplan.png
BasinMap_halfl.jpg

Speculation, but I'd be really surprise if a City Walk-type area is not in the plans. I don't see them building multiple resorts and parks without a nighttime entertainment/dining area. Not to mention the fact that they'll be trying to compete for convention goer $$$ with the surrounding offerings.

I'd also say a Water Park is likely, but a bigger question mark. Volcano Bay flat out can't handle more guests, so you don't want guests staying at the South Property traveling up that way, and you also don't want them going off property to Aquatica.

This is pretty spot on. The other big question to me is transportation. Something has to be done... I don't know if it's anything major like a light rail or gondola. But at the very least, the current transport hub at Citeywalk 1 can't handle the flow of crowds a true 3rd part is gonna bring.

Yes.

This is pretty spot on. The other big question to me is transportation. Something has to be done... I don't know if it's anything major like a light rail or gondola. But at the very least, the current transport hub at Citeywalk 1 can't handle the flow of crowds a true 3rd part is gonna bring.

I've been hearing about a transport hub reconfiguration for like 3 years now. I'm honestly going to be shocked if it's not done before Endless Summer opens, because otherwise they are not prepared for all the additional people being bused in

Yeah, those permits for the office trailers on the "Project 304 Site" are the first public mention of the project number for what I assume to be the new resort.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble by naming specific names, but a few people already have "Project 304" listed on their resumes/websites, and it's very easy to find them with a quick Google search. For example, the job title JungleSkip posted comes from someone's LinkedIn profile. Additionally, there's another person who has done work for tons of other themed entertainment projects that lists "Universal - Project 304" on their clients page under Roto which is a huge Design/Build firm, so they're definitely involved with the new resort as well.

There's also a couple of other permits that have been filed with Orange County for the mass grading of the new land. The first one (18-MGF-0032) was for the grading of the 100 or so acres for the warehouse space and new offices. The second one (18-MGF-0033) is for the mass grading of around 425 acres. The second permit is definitely for the "Project 304 Site", as it contains the land where the trailer complex is being built. I've included a shot of the permit as well as the parcels it applies to below:

uhCpS6L.png

spp8A3w.jpg

So yeah, they've definitely already got the gears in motion for the new resort.

Yeah, those permits for the office trailers on the "Project 304 Site" are the first public mention of the project number for what I assume to be the new resort.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble by naming specific names, but a few people already have "Project 304" listed on their resumes/websites, and it's very easy to find them with a quick Google search. For example, the job title JungleSkip posted comes from someone's LinkedIn profile. Additionally, there's another person who has done work for tons of other themed entertainment projects that lists "Universal - Project 304" on their clients page under Roto which is a huge Design/Build firm, so they're definitely involved with the new resort as well.

There's also a couple of other permits that have been filed with Orange County for the mass grading of the new land. The first one (18-MGF-0032) was for the grading of the 100 or so acres for the warehouse space and new offices. The second one (18-MGF-0033) is for the mass grading of around 425 acres. The second permit is definitely for the "Project 304 Site", as it contains the land where the trailer complex is being built. I've included a shot of the permit as well as the parcels it applies to below:

uhCpS6L.png

spp8A3w.jpg

So yeah, they've definitely already got the gears in motion for the new resort.

That Roto company have some interesting work:

065.jpg

Not that these descriptions ever really matter, but I do find it intriguing that the Fantastic Worlds and Epic Universe have different intended uses according to the trademark filings...

Fantastic Worlds
Entertainment services in the nature of amusement park and theme park services; entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride; entertainment in the nature of amusement park attractions, namely, a themed area​

Epic Universe
Amusement park attraction and theme park services; live stage performances, namely, presentation of live show performances; providing waterpark services; providing recreational areas for entertainment and amusement, namely, interactive play areas​

Again, usually these descriptions are kinda just catchalls, but it's interesting that they're different in this case.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.