Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 377 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that these descriptions ever really matter, but I do find it intriguing that the Fantastic Worlds and Epic Universe have different intended uses according to the trademark filings...

Fantastic Worlds
Entertainment services in the nature of amusement park and theme park services; entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride; entertainment in the nature of amusement park attractions, namely, a themed area​

Epic Universe
Amusement park attraction and theme park services; live stage performances, namely, presentation of live show performances; providing waterpark services; providing recreational areas for entertainment and amusement, namely, interactive play areas​

Again, usually these descriptions are kinda just catchalls, but it's interesting that they're different in this case.
It sounds like Epic Universe would be the name of the area as a whole and Fantastic World would be one of the parks

It sounds like Epic Universe would be the name of the area as a whole and Fantastic World would be one of the parks
Yea, a lot of stuff that could be included at the new resort listed under Epic, including some stuff for a CityWalk 2.0 maybe, like stage shows, recreational areas, entertainment. Then water park, and of course a theme park... All umbrella terms that you don't see in the Fantastic filing.

I think 304 is a dated number, I'm actually having a tantrum right now because of it. The order of the numbers is cliche and offensive to the eye and mouth. ;)

I think the name of a park or resort becomes it's own thing when it's there. It's like naming a kid. Every name is okay but you know certain people with those names who you like or dislike and that influence the name and the feeling you have about the name.

What also needs to be taken in account are foreign guests. I was really disappointed in Disney Springs. When someone says springs I think about those spiral bouncy things in chairs or beds. Imagine my disappointment when I saw a outlet shopping mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.