Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

I don't think the broomsticks are ever coming.
I agree. Between Warner/Rowling opening something similar in other areas, plus the tech screaming that it will be soon outdated, not building that was probably a wise choice. I still say, shut down F&F and adapt it to the Knight Bus.
The building and ride system could be an easy modification at a decent budgetary price point.

I don't think the broomsticks are ever coming.

Good. VR, no matter how great the concept, is not something that belongs at a theme park.

I agree. Between Warner/Rowling opening something similar in other areas, plus the tech screaming that it will be soon outdated, not building that was probably a wise choice. I still say, shut down F&F and adapt it to the Knight Bus.
The building and ride system could be an easy modification at a decent budgetary price point.

I am secretly hoping for a BTTF theme. I don't think the ride system is bad, just not great for a movie based on racing.

Good. VR, no matter how great the concept, is not something that belongs at a theme park.

I am secretly hoping for a BTTF theme. I don't think the ride system is bad, just not great for a movie based on racing.
What if we didn't get a Broomstick attraction because they decided to go the other way and utilize F&F for something grander?

A man can dream

F&F is a fundamentally flawed ride in my eyes, an IP swap will not be able to fix it. For being the same ride system, Kong has so much more going for it, thanks to the animatronics, outdoor segment, and additional action sequences. They’re much better off tearing Supercharged down and starting over. And please, it doesn’t have to be Potter themed.

F&F is a fundamentally flawed ride in my eyes, an IP swap will not be able to fix it. For being the same ride system, Kong has so much more going for it, thanks to the animatronics, outdoor segment, and additional action sequences. They’re much better off tearing Supercharged down and starting over. And please, it doesn’t have to be Potter themed.

It is, but I don't want to set my expectations high of them removing the ride system entirely, so any concept other than F&F might be better.

The only IP I wouldn't mind seeing take over the existing Supercharged ride infrastructure is BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Short of that, flatten the building and start from scratch with a different dark ride or indoor coaster concept.

I think a reskin of what's there would be pretty easy to pull off for BTTF.

Convert the garage into Doc's Laboratory, move over the BTTF train to where the picture cars are since its themed after a trolley/train depot, use the fake tunnel scene as the jump point to go 88mph, etc. Won't be the world's greatest ride, but it'll be a 23438437% improvement over F&F

I think the basic idea of whats happening at Hollywood is a decent idea of what happens with F&F Supercharged. They already have the big warehouse building. An indoor/outdoor coaster would be a fairly easy conversion. The building and queue is already themed. Just have to gut the inside and figure out a quality coaster layout.

F&F could actually be fixed as is with a few changes to the scenes/story and a live spieler/actor (ala JAWS/King Kong 1.0) on the ride vehicle

But I don't want to give them any ideas

Any information on what changes are being made to USF's entrance? I'm seeing other sites reporting that one side of the ticket turnstile area has been taken down.

Did I miss it or have we just not talked at all about how an entire set of entrance turnstiles has been demolished at USF?

It is being rebuilt and updated to be like the ones at VB and IOA where there is no physical turnstile anymore. They've already updated the exit turnstiles to be like this. While construction is going on they are using the exit for entrance along with the hotel entrance on top of the remaining structure.

EDIT: *sees post above mine* :look: :bolt:

Last edited:
They did similar thing to IOA's, they pretty much took advantage and redid the concrete along with the cover structure.

What I find interesting about that project is that the walls extend to the planters on the right all the way to guest services. Interested in seeing if they end up expanding that way.

Lots of hopeful changes to the restuaurants/snack stands as well. Took a while, but management is hopefully headed towards the right direction.
Yeah, there's currently three snack stands behind walls and are completely gone behind the walls while Mardi Gras is going on. I'm guessing they are going to be giving updated looks to the snack stands along with probably improving the plumbing underneath while they have the time and maybe even do some concrete work behind the walls in those areas.