Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think that's an active project.
Was more making a joke, but happy to hear that.

I’m impressed with the score here too. Also the screens I don’t think look bad at all it’s just a poor scene to end on there, the opening one is fine to me.

I'm glad others see the irony of "don't judge Mario Kart from a POV" and "I watched a POV of JWA and it's the best ride ever".
Good thing none of us have extended that energy to the Potter VR project ;)

Pretty happy with how this turned out. I'd much rather they keep all Jurassic stuff at Islands, mind you--so it's a shame they can't doze Kong lol.

Eh, different good things happen in their own time. It's arguable the reaction to (insert screen attractions here) was needed for Universal to steer strongly in a different direction. It's impossible to have everything. But I imagine that Monsters ride will offer something similar to this (i.e deploying an old ride system for a more immersive, physical experience).

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacy
Again, it's funny--this year Universal opened VC in Florida, SLOP in California, JWA in China and MK in Japan. Who would've ever thought the addition in Japan would be the only one NOT getting an overwhelmingly positive reaction?

Tear down JPRA and build this in its place. The Orlando version sucks anyway.
We need a thumbs down reaction
Again, it's funny--this year Universal opened VC in Florida, SLOP in California, JWA in China and MK in Japan. Who would've ever thought the addition in Japan would be the only one NOT getting an overwhelmingly positive reaction?
I absolutely expected the reaction MK got from the “fan” community

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Finally the POV is released! With those initial "lights-on" pictures surfacing showing bare-bones scenic, I have to say this has well-exceeded my expectations.

I have always wanted to see the Spidey/Transformers system with mostly practical effects and this is the definitely the kind of ride I was hoping for! The spiked dino hitting your car, making it spin, the I-Rex following your vehicle, the lightning strike at the fence, the screen footage of the falling I-Rex matching up with an AA head of it....all of it looks incredible! It's absolutely a better version of Dinosaur. Although I don't see us getting a clone of this in the states, at the very least, it would be great to see a variation of this in Epic Universe and/or a reskin of Transformers to a different theme to allow practical effects like this.

I also noticed the cars are more "open" than Spidey and Transformers. No tall doors on either end of the car like our rides have. I like that because it allows a better view of the practical effects. Plus, since there's no simulator scenes (Which surprised me), they're not needed.

As awesome as this ride is, this still feels a little too similar to JW at USH to replace Mummy. They could probably get away with putting it in IoA even if they re-did the JPRA being that park has the blessing of size, but there's not really any place to put it there. I think the best option would be to reskin Transformers to a theme with practical effects like this and clone it for EU.

Also, it was kind of amusing to hear Chris Pratt in Chinese.

The user account behind the fifth link has some footage of Lights, Camera, Action!, and the Bumbleebee Spinner+Animatronic.

There also appears to be footage of Forbidden Journey on the first link's account, but I can't access it without being recommended the app, so someone will have to use their computer to access the link.

This also gets me really excited for the Potter and Monsters rides at Epic Universe. The Potter ride could totally have a dragon coming at your vehicle, for example.
It certainly bodes well. It's also a good example of how iteration can be better than innovation. None of the tech in this ride is "new", but the expertise gained over two decades of working with dinosaurs, SCOOP vehicles, and this style of attraction likely made these complex effects possible.

This also gets me really excited for the Potter and Monsters rides at Epic Universe. The Potter ride could totally have a dragon coming at your vehicle, for example.
This ride felt creepy at times even from a POV standpoint so I did immediately think “Oh my they’re gonna nail a Monsters ride” lol

That ride looks VERY well worth the hype! The I-Rex chase scene was insane and I actually really liked the scene with the animatronics of the T-Rex and I-Rex together. I know it's been said before but the ride does end a little abruptly (if that's the ending), but the rest of the ride is good enough to not make that too much of an issue for me.

I believe it's fair to judge a fully practical attraction on a POV

Rise and this were in that boat for me

MK and the upcoming VR attraction (I assume) have a unique situation where it's impossible to gauge a proper reaction

I also contain negative thoughts typically until after I ride something in person (see: MK & first half of Veloci)

However, when my thoughts are overwhelmingly positive like for this and Rise, I will gladly share and compare.

I think this ride is a winner from the animatronics alone, I think this takes Spidey and turns it up a notch...I don't need to ride it to see that

Problem is they have 2 rides at Orlando that have the same ride system. Sure this is certainly a "new" Implementation but doing a Gyrophere ride system would be awesome. Create a new ride system instead of recycling the same thing,
They couldn’t get the gyrosphere system to work… that’s why they went with the scoop…

Reactions: Freak and Tobias