Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say though that Kyoto is way overcrowded right now and a bit of a nightmare.
Depends where and when you go.

Shoulder season is lovely still. But the olympics are going to be crushing.

That said, I'd rather stay in Kyoto and make that my home base vs Osaka; simply because of the hotels there. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, so my opinions are only mine :)

Does USJ have the transformers ride? Optimus prime is in their parade float but i can’t see the ride listed there (shocking, especially with how great the ride is)

No. They have the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man instead.
I guess they just thought it was too similar a ride to have both in the same park. I don't agree but that's probably the logic.

Spider-Man would likely go, whenever the rights for Marvel expire completely for UPR (which is not going to happen anytime soon). That, or if USJ decides to replace it before the contract expires.

That’s what I meant when the Marvel rights expire or USJ decided to replace Spider-Man they could put in Transformers, and maybe a anime overlay during Universal Cool Japan.

Does anyone know if it is possible to ride the Attack On Titan XR replacement for Space Fantasy without the VR goggles? If I’m lucky enough to fit in the seats (I’ve heard they are small), I’d like to experience the ride in darkness one time if it is possible. This June trip will be my first USJ trip ever, so I’m not familiar with the specifics of the park yet.

Does anyone know if it is possible to ride the Attack On Titan XR replacement for Space Fantasy without the VR goggles? If I’m lucky enough to fit in the seats (I’ve heard they are small), I’d like to experience the ride in darkness one time if it is possible. This June trip will be my first USJ trip ever, so I’m not familiar with the specifics of the park yet.

I’m pretty sure the answer is no but you could close your eyes maybe?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no but you could close your eyes maybe?
Yeah I guess so, but since I might not ever get to experience the original attraction, it would be nice to see if I could get any glimpses . I’ll have to try and see what kind of system the VR is if I’m able to ride it and maybe you’re able to take it off yourself after the ride starts. We’ll see. Thanks

Yeah I guess so, but since I might not ever get to experience the original attraction, it would be nice to see if I could get any glimpses . I’ll have to try and see what kind of system the VR is if I’m able to ride it and maybe you’re able to take it off yourself after the ride starts. We’ll see. Thanks

You are absolutely not allowed to take the device off once the attraction as started as it’s a safety hazard

Reactions: dxwwf3
You are absolutely not allowed to take the device off once the attraction as started as it’s a safety hazard
Gotcha. Didn’t know how it was set up. The only VR ride I’ve been on is in Busch Gardens Williamsburg and I’m pretty sure you can remove the headset during the ride without issues. Of course, that’s just a motion simulator too.

Gotcha. Didn’t know how it was set up.

No problem, you could ask the crew and tell them you do not want to wear the VR device but I don’t know if they will accommodate the request. The connect it as you board so it should technically be possible but it might be difficult to explain since it’s an unusual request and they may have a policy that it is not allowed.

No problem, you could ask the crew and tell them you do not want to wear the VR device but I don’t know if they will accommodate the request. The connect it as you board so it should technically be possible but it might be difficult to explain since it’s an unusual request and they may have a policy that it is not allowed.
I’ll just consider myself lucky if I’m able to fit to begin with . I can barely fit on Raging Spirits, but if my legs were ANY longer, I wouldn’t fit

Pink Cloud, a milkshake focused, storyline involved, store with elaborate milkshakes like toothsome, and (correct me if I’m wrong, I think it is but I’m unsure) the first universal produced restaurant at usj, is opening March 8. E5EAEFCE-C930-43A6-9993-951F6288BC47.jpeg

Reactions: Parkscope Joe