Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're not going to let a completed land sit there
I mean I would figure... but if no one is there to buy Nintendo bands, do they just operate at a loss for the current time being? Im also curious how the interactivity stuff can work with social distancing. I know not eveyhitng is going to be touch based, but, if Japan isn't letting people scream on a rollercoaster their restrictions seem stricter so I'm sure.

This is pretty much what Disney are doing with the Rat.

The difference in attitude between Universal and Disney is astounding.
I can’t imagine Rat cost as much as SNW though. I have no knowledge of that but I can’t imagine it’s anywhere near the same. So I feel this is different.

So USJ opening again on June 19, previews from (I think the 5th?) until then. No mention of SNW but that is to be expected. I think best we can hope for is an early fall opening of SNW. Hope this all goes smoothly.

I am curious though, for people in the know/who are more aware of the business side of things: Is it better to open a brand new major expansion, like SNW, to limited crowds and have it still be relatively fully operating? Or, wait until crowds start to perk up then start running the land? Im genuinely curious as I can see both aspects. Don't open this mega new land and spend $$$ on marketing, for it to only be a 50% capacity crowd (assuming all tickets have been sold as well), or, just let it sit there and fine tune things until larger crowds are allowed. I have no idea which route is the best for cost cutting purposes.

They will open from June 8th but it will probably be a while before SNW opens. They will probably announce a date if everything goes well upon reopening.

Reactions: Clive and Mad Dog
Probably cost about the same. Disney overspends on everything...
This I know is true.... but omg if a copy of a Rat ride from France costs as much as the first SNW w/Mario Kart and the new wristbands and gaming I’d LAUGH OUT LOUD. I’d call my Disney source and be like.....

1591119866930.gif

Reactions: Magic-Man
I still want my Classic Universal Movies land (yeah don't shorten that). Back to the Future, Jaws, ET (it's already there) should all get a new re-imagined ride each (ET an extensive upgrade) and a movie ride attraction with many more classic movies like Spartacus (Stanley Kubrick), The birds (Hitchcock), Earthquake, Animal House, Battlestar Galactica, The Blues Brothers, Flash Gordon, An American Werewolf in London, Apollo 13, Gladiator, Mama Mia. Que could be a holding area where you can see how classic movie effects where made and what a set looks like, all a wink to the old theme park. The classic merch could go there to.

Reactions: Verdicoshna
I still want my Classic Universal Movies land (yeah don't shorten that). Back to the Future, Jaws, ET (it's already there) should all get a new re-imagined ride each (ET an extensive upgrade) and a movie ride attraction with many more classic movies like Spartacus (Stanley Kubrick), The birds (Hitchcock), Earthquake, Animal House, Battlestar Galactica, The Blues Brothers, Flash Gordon, An American Werewolf in London, Apollo 13, Gladiator, Mama Mia. Que could be a holding area where you can see how classic movie effects where made and what a set looks like, all a wink to the old theme park. The classic merch could go there to.

The only place that they could put it would be in (ironically) Jaws plot of land. Personally, I'd much rather see Pokemon or Zelda.

Well I'd Love it if Nintendo land still opens this summer, I really can't wait to see what the rides are like and how alive the land feels

Really wonder when Jaws in finally going to go down (either for Diagon or more Nintendo). 2024? 2025?

I'm not sure it will. USJ seem more into keeping 'classic' attractions and it is still incredibly popular.

Nintendo already has it's next expansion (DK) which is under construction so I don't expect to see anything more for a while after that (probably 2022 opening)
Diagon is an interesting one, I think if they were going to get it, they already would have. A second park is the only place I could see that happening now.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Hagrid’s is also a possibility...I think.
That makes no sense in my eyes. You have a giant plot of land that can fit a mega-land, but you put a coaster there instead? Especially when there will be four major coasters after DK opens. And then you have the Nintendo path leading to where Jaws currently is, and that wouldn't make sense if the plans were to put Hagrid there.

Reactions: redy2468 and malice
That makes no sense in my eyes. You have a giant plot of land that can fit a mega-land, but you put a coaster there instead? Especially when there will be four major coasters after DK opens. And then you have the Nintendo path leading to where Jaws currently is, and that wouldn't make sense if the plans were to put Hagrid there.
That is very true! Didn't think of it that way. Didn't realize the park will have 4 coasters.

Universal Studios Japan announces new Halloween-themed experiences; confirms they will not be holding Surprise Halloween and Halloween Horror Nights for 2020.