Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They also have a mummy themed autopia/indy speedway that is just your speed.

Son, you need to hang with me for a weekend. I can butch you up a bit. By the end of the weekend you'll be riding HRRR. Maybe not The Hulk, but definitely HRRR. Have you ever ridden Rock-n-Rollercoaster?

Even more new photos: http://sentosathemepark.blogspot.com/2010/02/photos-from-resorts-world-sentosa-and.html

Big thanks to "Sentosa Theme Park Blog" and "Disney and More" for all of the updates! It's nice to be able to follow this project from across the globe.

Thank you for supporting my blog Sentosa Theme Park Blog. Hope in the next few week USS will open and I can have photo's and video from inside the Park. Stay Tune to the Blog for the announcement of the Opening of Universal Studios Singapore.

Thanks Again

Bigbearsg

Last edited:
Thank you for supporting my blog Sentosa Theme Park Blog. Hope in the next few week USS will open and I can have photo's and video from inside the Park. Stay Tune to the Blog for the announcement of the Opening of Universal Studios Singapore.

Thanks Again

Bigbearsg

:welcome: to the site.

Thanks Again

Bigbearsg

No problem! I've been checking the blog daily for new updates. Can't wait to see your photos once the park opens!

Welcome to the boards!

Soft opening to begin this weekend. From Screamscape:
Universal Studios Singapore will be opening the park for special sneak preview sessions starting this Sunday, February 14th through February 21st, only from 5pm to 9pm. According to the article posted at Disney & More, a couple of attractions will not be ready in time for the preview dates. This includes the Lights, Camera, Action special effects show (may not be ready until late March) and the Madagascar flume ride (may not be ready until April). This doesn’t mean that everything else will be up and running however, as I’m sure the list of open attractions will be quite limited. It’s said that they will likely limit the number of tickets sold each night to just 3000 or so and will sell them for only around $10.
After this I’ve been told that Universal will likely open again briefly, but mainly to Resorts World, Genting and Universal employees for their own preview sessions. This will be followed by a few more preview events for various special groups and invited guests. Don’t expect the park to open to the general public until sometime in March.

$10 is a steal for a park's soft opening!

Disney and More have posted a panoramic photo walk-through of the park from February 11th: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/02/universal-studios-singapore-grand.html

Sentosa Theme Park Blog have posted 2 videos from the park's soft opening here: http://sentosathemepark.blogspot.com/

From what I have read, the roller coasters were not open during today's soft opening. I can't wait to see the videos and photos start coming out from the park actually operating! Keep up the great work Bigbearsg, the blog is great and convenient.

Definitely not. I am more than impressed at this park. The detail is amazing and they went above and beyond on the park. Their JP river rapids ride looks much more thrilling than our Popeye!

By the way, Sentosa Theme Park Blog has been adding more videos all day from yesterday's soft opening.

I've been watching all the videos from the Sentosa Theme Park Blog too and I am very amazed by the level of detail. Madagascar looks fantastic especially the big boat crashing into the trees. Far Far Way looks like an exact portrayal of the place in the actual movies!

I really want to go on the JP ride there!

Does anyone know why they put that covering ontop of Hollywood, its very weird and makes the whole area look fake.

Singapore is much like Orlando in the Summer but all year round. We have thunder storm come thought and the Covering is to cover people from the rain and It all so cool's the area by 4 to 6 degree. Hope this Help's.

--- Update ---

Just a update for you I have posted video's from all the Areas of USS. Now I'm starting to go though my 300 pictures and starting to post them. Thank for your support of my Blog. http://sentosathemepark.blogspot.com/

Singapore is much like Orlando in the Summer but all year round. We have thunder storm come thought and the Covering is to cover people from the rain and It all so cool's the area by 4 to 6 degree. Hope this Help's.

--- Update ---

Just a update for you I have posted video's from all the Areas of USS. Now I'm starting to go though my 300 pictures and starting to post them. Thank for your support of my Blog. http://sentosathemepark.blogspot.com/

How was Battlestar Galactica?

Tim- None of the rides are open yet. The soft opening only allowed guests to walk through the parks with street characters out.