Universal Studios Singapore | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Singapore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a whole lot of Transformers for one small park. 
true but its a idea so its all speculation till whats revealed of the ride revamp. although am i the first one to rule in that they will siriously change the Cyclon side on the drop and get new trains that are more 'safe'. you can say this though; OSHA

would just have a field day with BattleStar if it was in Hollywood...

Last edited by a moderator:
James Disney from Westcoaster explicitly noted that the coaster is not closed permanently. Not sure about you, but he's usually right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexshow.
Sad to hear about Despicable Me... I have to wonder what the hell were they thinking when they passed on it?! It's gotta be saving up for Potter, methinks.

if it was potter, Shrek wouldn't of been there in the first place. and it would kinda seem outta place as your entering a castle right into another castle.. doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Bonkers
They went beyond Hollywood and I think Orlando with how its being advertised and about jack... I'm personally wondering if its a prequel to Orlando or that he finally escaped Fear..

They went beyond Hollywood and I think Orlando with how its being advertised and about jack... I'm personally wondering if its a prequel to Orlando or that he finally escaped Fear..
I'm pretty sure it's their own interpretation of Jack (Just like with the Director) with the House being a sort of "reboot" of Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision from Orlando's event in 2007. 

We've known those for a while and i'm wondering if any Dark-ride elements will be used...
Actually, "we" haven't. I think the fact that many believed it was Despicable Me mere months ago only proves that, in my opinion.

While I don't really see a reason to expand upon the Shrek universe in that park (or any park, for that matter), it's nice to see some momentum again. That family coaster will be popular when Puss in Boots' sequel comes around.

Actually, "we" haven't. I think the fact that many believed it was Despicable Me mere months ago only proves that, in my opinion.

While I don't really see a reason to expand upon the Shrek universe in that park (or any park, for that matter), it's nice to see some momentum again. That family coaster will be popular when Puss in Boots' sequel comes around.
Kung Fu Panda was also rumored for that area too :)  . The reveal of it being a family coaster is actually pretty recent, and the possible closure of Monster Rock was revealed today (as far as I know). That attraction was a mystery for quite a while. 

At least Singapore is making better use of the Shrek franchise than the other parks, and yeah with Puss in Boots 2 coming out in 2018 (and Shrek 5 being considered) this attraction will definitely be popular.

Reactions: William
Far Far Away is a really fascinating land for a park. It's pretty small, and that area of the park always seemed ripe for expansion.

For once, I'm glad Universal (or Resorts World, in this instance) is investing in an outdoor coaster. It's a refreshing change from all the simulators lately.

I think the land itself of Far Far Away is beautifully executed (from all of the photos I've seen, at least). Had they created a reimagined main attraction (a dark ride, perhaps?) in Shrek 4D's place, they would've had a real winner on their hands.

Odd how USH and USF had Shrek thrown into existing buildings.  USJ mucked it up by making the theater a 2 show hybrid.  But USS offers the most dynamic and expansive land of a mediocre attraction and decade old franchise.  I'm glad it was respected somewhere.  But its time to go here!  Its old and ugly and cheap compared to the quality they are throwing into the park today.

Reactions: William
I still don't know why Uni invests so much in a veeeeery old franchise that is dying or will soon be dead. Even with the new Puss movie, Dreamworks animation is facing so many problems that I don't know how much longer they will last.

I still don't know why Uni invests so much in a veeeeery old franchise that is dying or will soon be dead. Even with the new Puss movie, Dreamworks animation is facing so many problems that I don't know how much longer they will last.
Shrek is one of the highest ranked characters in guest surveys in Singapore. Its funky I know, and for the life of me I cannot understand why DM was axed in favor of this but hey its business. 

Shrek is also, believe it or not, still popular with guests in USH as well. Shrek 4D as an attraction sucks, cuz it's almost no different than any 3D movie in theatres nowadays. But the actual characters, humor, fantasy settings and the world they're in is still very popular. And I can betcha if USH made a highly themed new environment for Shrek here, it'd be very popular as well.