Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore

That 'new' concept art is the concept art from Japan! Even has the old BTTF building at the end of the street!

This is certainly a surprise - thought it was an April fools at first.

I'm going to guess that Nintendo will replace something else. They are too land locked for it not too. Like I said in an earlier post I think the Battlestar Galactica coaster could be on the chopping block, there is space behind that ride too so could go back a fair distance.

With the level of attention put towards BSG throughout the years, I somewhat doubt that they'd just want to give up. Honestly, when looking; the only plot that would make sense for Nintendo, is Ancient Egypt/Mummy.

Part of me is wondering though, if they may look at doing JW as a In-Between project, perhaps giving the Rapids some love?

Yeah, I see Minion Park first, then followed by something in-between SNW and Minion Park.

If I was to guess, Madagascar leaves later this year after the holiday rush, they keep the carousel (albeit retheming it); and gut the rest. Curious to see how they'll handle the transition from MP to FFA, as I'd guess they would need to make some changes to Enchanted Airway's.

That would give them 2021 for Minion Park, with a potentially similar timeframe to Hollywood's.

The only thing that doesn’t explain USS’s focus on Horror Nights... but I do see your point. Singapore will always feel a bit removed from the other Universal resorts without Potter. But cartoon characters would be a better marketing draw for families, I suppose.

The Singapore park seems like a relic from a previous management team. I really doubt Universal would want to buy the park outright, unless it can get the hotels in on the deal, which is unlikely considering the owner.

HHN was a no brainer for them to capitalize on an older demographic visiting the area for gambling and adult activities. Doesn’t change their focus the other 11 months of the year to be the family staple of the entire resort.

No way it does.

Agreed, I think what was announced today is pretty much all I’d expect from the park for the next decade. Minions in 2021 and then SMW in 2024/25 that will carry the park until 2030 in their eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of attraction quality, yes. In terms of IP power and merch sales, it's a huge improvement.

I wonder if the fact that the boat ride itself was also to blame for this. I mean that ride was doomed from the get go. Fire burns down most of the sets, then they have issues with the flume system requiring them to abort parts of the intended ride path and cause the ride to open a year late.

I wonder if the fact that the boat ride itself was also to blame for this. I mean that ride was doomed from the get go. Fire burns down most of the sets, then they have issues with the flume system requiring them to abort parts of the intended ride path and cause the ride to open a year late.

Yeah, that ride has had it's fair share of issues. To go from a multi level flume with a drop to a single level boat ride was a fairly significant downgrade. What could've been a solid family attraction just turned out "eh". Maybe they should've stuck with that trackless safari darkride concept.

Kind of bizarre that Singapore is replacing a boat ride with a motion simulator when Shrek 4D is right there for the taking.

Shrek is a fantastic show peice building. To put Dispicable me into Shrek, would mean getting rid of that castle structure. Not going to happen.