Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore

So as mentioned, SNW is apparently going to be taking over a portion of Madagascar, as per heard from Dejiki. The difference however, is that they are apparently going to be using land outside of Universal Singapore for the new attraction.

Universal Studios Singapore – Park Update 05/2019 | Dejiki.com

If they can expand the park outside it's current borders it would be excellent news.

It's about time this nice looking park had some investment and love. Too long now it's been treated like crap.

What the heck is Dejiki? Isn't that Swahili for "doggy-style?" Sorry, couldn't help myself. :bolt:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the name, but more of the fantastic work that he's actually done for a while now. ;)

It makes me..very curious. Especially to know what it means for the likes of infastructure around RWS, like the Monorail (as it goes through a portion of that area).

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the name, but more of the fantastic work that he's actually done for a while now. ;)

Having recently learned that you're only 20, I wonder if you got my reference to the "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)" movie.

Waterworld is a fantastic show ... and gives the park a lovely balance in terms of rides and shows. To take it out would be a mistake.

Any movement or construction going on?

I don't have any faith that those in charge really want to spend any money on this park.

The work for RWS is supposed to take place over a period of multiple years.

It isn't just the USS park that's getting the attention. And as far as who to look on, Dejiki is a great individual for this case.

Universal Studios Singapore – Park Update 05/2019 | Dejiki.com

What was the last update for this park? Was it Puss in the Boots ?

Quite frankly the shocking lack of investment in this park throughout the years makes me wonder whether they will carry out any expansion in a normal timely manner.

What was the last update for this park? Was it Puss in the Boots ?

Quite frankly the shocking lack of investment in this park throughout the years makes me wonder whether they will carry out any expansion in a normal timely manner.

The last major addition was Puss in Boots (Even though shortly after, BSG did finally reopen with the now seen two-seat train style in May of that same year).

Ever since then, it's been more on merch and events, than that of a proper new attraction.

My guess is that work won't begin on Minion Park until January, and that it'd be a mid/late 2021, due to it being also a new attraction altogether for the park.

Really interested to see how this park develops. It seems okay right now from what I've seen, but it definitely needs a few things to get over the hump. Super Nintendo World is one of those things that makes any park better, and Minion Park isn't a bad addition either (they're probably going to retheme the Madagascar carousel and add another flat ride, AKA Freeze Ray Sliders, in addition to Minion Mayhem so that's good).

Biggest question is, will Yoshi be built here too? Is there even enough space for it?

Really interested to see how this park develops. It seems okay right now from what I've seen, but it definitely needs a few things to get over the hump. Super Nintendo World is one of those things that makes any park better, and Minion Park isn't a bad addition either (they're probably going to retheme the Madagascar carousel and add another flat ride, AKA Freeze Ray Sliders, in addition to Minion Mayhem so that's good).

Biggest question is, will Yoshi be built here too? Is there even enough space for it?
I think it was initially rumored this would be a tad smaller, a la Hollywood’s version, and just receive Mario Kart (although maybe a flat as well?). But who knows it’s probably very far off now unfortunately

I think it was initially rumored this would be a tad smaller, a la Hollywood’s version, and just receive Mario Kart (although maybe a flat as well?). But who knows it’s probably very far off now unfortunately
I recall Dejiki mentioning in a rumor of it just being Mario Kart like how SNW will. Which makes sense..considering this and Despicable Me are sharing the Madagascar area.

Alright, that makes sense. As long at the interactive areas are here too, I'm still excited for it.

See below for the plans for USS expansion including SNW and Minions. Mario Kart building is identified but can't make out anything clear for the rest of SNW or Minions.
This has obviously now been delayed but interesting to see all the same!