Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this will be the "night" park for Universal with later hours for all the lands, but especially the Hub. This park is designed for night time shows and will cater to late night spending of money on food and drinks.

I know creative actually wanted light up costumes for all TMs in the hub but it proved impractical, but I hear they found a workaround with a lot of reflective/glow material for the TMs.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I think this will be the "night" park for Universal with later hours for all the lands, but especially the Hub. This park is designed for night time shows and will cater to late night spending of money on food and drinks.

I know creative actually wanted light up costumes for all TMs in the hub but it proved impractical, but I hear they found a workaround with a lot of reflective/glow material for the TMs.

I hope so, but even with IOA being considered the 2nd most popular park in Orlando, it often runs with similar hours to Animal Kingdom. (DAK opens early, and closes earlier in the day, but still operates the same 11-12 hours IOA usually is open)

Hopefully EU is a new chapter of how Universal looks at their parks with profits still coming in at a ridiculous level

I hope so, but even with IOA being considered the 2nd most popular park in Orlando, it often runs with similar hours to Animal Kingdom. (DAK opens early, and closes earlier in the day, but still operates the same 11-12 hours IOA usually is open)

Hopefully EU is a new chapter of how Universal looks at their parks with profits still coming in at a ridiculous level
IOA actually has less hours open on some days than AK when it closes at 7pm instead of 8pm which happens a lot in off season. 2 Weeks in November have it at 9am to 7pm closing where AK is still the 8am to 7pm. I have never understood with the long waits in those lines why Universal still closes so early. I know visiting friends have always been frustrated with that because they don't get to ride as much as other parks.

IOA actually has less hours open on some days than AK when it closes at 7pm instead of 8pm which happens a lot in off season. 2 Weeks in November have it at 9am to 7pm closing where AK is still the 8am to 7pm. I have never understood with the long waits in those lines why Universal still closes so early. I know visiting friends have always been frustrated with that because they don't get to ride as much as other parks.
I am not sure on this and this is just speculation but one of the reasons I believe IOA closes early is because it is in the middle of a residential neighborhood and there might be sound ordinances. Epic might be different as the closest neighborhoods are Tangelo Park to the north on the other side of Sand Lake Road (0.5 a mile away at least) and the apartment complex on the south side (north of Universal and Destination Pkwy 0.3 miles away)

Reactions: Ahmanet
In 2016 through 2019 Universal had started to keep their Orlando parks open a bit later than in previous years. But since covid they've mostly returned to early closings. It's a shame since the parks, especially IOA, are so beautiful in the evening. Of course, 2023 early closings might have something to do with the fact they presently have no night time shows in either park.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
In 2016 through 2019 Universal had started to keep their Orlando parks open a bit later than in previous years. But since covid they've mostly returned to early closings. It's a shame since the parks, especially IOA, are so beautiful in the evening. Of course, 2023 early closings might have something to do with the fact they presently have no night time shows in either park.
I am hoping with with a new show in 2024 will come later hours. Especially since I just bought passes to begin using at the end of the year with after 4pm express. I hope to actually be able to use that lol

I am hoping with with a new show in 2024 will come later hours. Especially since I just bought passes to begin using at the end of the year with after 4pm express. I hope to actually be able to use that lol
Good to have you back posting. It's been a long time. :)

I am not sure on this and this is just speculation but one of the reasons I believe IOA closes early is because it is in the middle of a residential neighborhood and there might be sound ordinances. Epic might be different as the closest neighborhoods are Tangelo Park to the north on the other side of Sand Lake Road (0.5 a mile away at least) and the apartment complex on the south side (north of Universal and Destination Pkwy 0.3 miles away)
HHN operates during the weekday until 2 AM, sincerely doubt there's a sound ordinance at 7 PM. Poor folks at the apartments behind MIB have to deal with Nightmare Fuel pyro/noise until 1 AM each night. They have operated the park until 9 on weekdays/weekends... they just don't like to keep it consistent.

I'm really hoping the new show next year gets them back to more standard/stable hours at the parks. With the exception of HHN season, USF/IOA can close from 6 PM to 9 PM randomly with no consistency.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think an overall shift in park operations will change when a 3rd park is added, expecting guests to have longer stays on property. Also, isn’t there a noise ordinance issue at the current parks witn housing and schools directly next to the parks? Also, no current room for fireworks.

They have room at the new park for Fireworks, so being open until 10/11 is my guess for this park most of the year.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT