Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually I see all lands outside of Fantastic Beasts having street performers/meet & greets. We know Nintendo already does. And the costuming should be on point for Dragon Riding Vikings. And Universal would be stupid not to have Frankenstein, Bride, Creature, Wolfman, Dracula roaming around (ala Star Wars Galaxy's Edge). At the very least villagers in Bavarian lederhosen.

GASP.... BEER HALL.

Please tell me there will be a german style beer hall in Monsters Land. I know the village isn't technically Germany but it's close enough.

I think the rumor of scare actors has been shut down a couple times by insiders on here. Could definitely see some streetmosphere happening though, just nothing too scary for families.
Yea, I'm thinking street actors also. I loved the scare actor in the Kong queue, but that idea went south after some boyfriend punched out a scare actor that scared his GF, rumor has it.

Would love for some Monster semi-HHN Zone type action around October each year a la Death Eaters at IoA, but this is dipping into speculation territory.

This is such an exciting time to be a theme park fan. I am in love with the greenery and landscaping work they have already done and I cannot wait to see it all come together.

I knew the hotel design looked familiar!

msbrickbreaker.jpg
How long do you think it'll take to reset the facade after each game?

Seriously though now that we have entire walls done the brickwork as a whole looks amazing! The design is more abstract than I thought it'd be, sort of like pixelated dust clouds in space? I still can't believe they're placing each stylized brick by hand here instead of having larger sections already assembled before installing.

It also looks like they took steps in the brick design to make sure when the sun hits that side of the wall it doesn't reflect most of that sunlight back to viewers on the ground or to the people living close by (don't wanna be melting their cars and all). It's reminiscent of looking at the ocean during a sunset with less glare.

On the manor: The sun captures the relief on the manor nicely in the first pic!

Having parts of these facades and outdoor scenery receive extra time in natural weathering and exposure for at least a year before opening in addition to the trees being settled in by then is really going to sell the old/lived-in feeling of the lands. It may not work with Nintendoland so much since it's supposed to look eternally shiny and new (at least Mario's section). For the rest areas which have a real-life quality to them the extra time will cement the look nicely.

I think the rumor of scare actors has been shut down a couple times by insiders on here. Could definitely see some streetmosphere happening though, just nothing too scary for families.
I wish they'd try living statues which could be a great answer to having a mix of both. They don't scare people the same way you'd expect at HHN but they do give them general unease when they notice them. They're can also make great quick photo op. I think it would be a good fit for the Monsters land but that's more spec talk than actual detail.

Those hotel shots at magic hour are incredible!

He just replied to last week's aerial photos, when relevant to new pics, so they are not new aerials. Only the ground shots this weekend are new.
He's posting Epcot aerials today, so I assumed he may be posting other "new" stuff too-- oh well.

I knew the hotel design looked familiar!

View attachment 19964
How long do you think it'll take to reset the facade after each game?

Seriously though now that we have entire walls done the brickwork as a whole looks amazing! The design is more abstract than I thought it'd be, sort of like pixelated dust clouds in space? I still can't believe they're placing each stylized brick by hand here instead of having larger sections already assembled before installing.

It also looks like they took steps in the brick design to make sure when the sun hits that side of the wall it doesn't reflect most of that sunlight back to viewers on the ground or to the people living close by (don't wanna be melting their cars and all). It's reminiscent of looking at the ocean during a sunset with less glare.

On the manor: The sun captures the relief on the manor nicely in the first pic!

Having parts of these facades and outdoor scenery receive extra time in natural weathering and exposure for at least a year before opening in addition to the trees being settled in by then is really going to sell the old/lived-in feeling of the lands. It may not work with Nintendoland so much since it's supposed to look eternally shiny and new (at least Mario's section). For the rest areas which have a real-life quality to them the extra time will cement the look nicely.

I wish they'd try living statues which could be a great answer to having a mix of both. They don't scare people the same way you'd expect at HHN but they do give them general unease when they notice them. They're can also make great quick photo op. I think it would be a good fit for the Monsters land but that's more spec talk than actual detail.
No.

Absolutely not.

I won’t go if living statues are in there.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhian