Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The path circling around the trees is for guests. The one running straight towards the back of the restaurant is likely for back of house.
Are we talking about the same path? You think this path, that ties directly to the back of house path and looks to dead end in the middle of nowhere, is for guests? Anything is possible, but I just am not seeing it with what we have here.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 4.16.33 PM.png

Are we talking about the same path? You think this path, that ties directly to the back of house path and looks to dead end in the middle of nowhere, is for guests? Anything is possible, but I just am not seeing it with what we have here.

View attachment 19931
Yes that was I was referring to. I guess my mind was reading only what it saw in orange. Which looked like a leisure kind of path to add “size” to the land. I can see the back access and straight away now.

I don't want to speculate too much but I can't imagine Universal spending too much money on areas of the park that guests don't "see" let alone can get too. The area under SkyFallRacers is going to be seen by people on the coasters, so should look nice. But back of house stuff is "usually" done as cheaply and cost efficiently as possible.

From what I can tell, the land will have two distinct areas, the village and the forest. This stretch is part of the latter along with the coaster. It's heavy on trees and when time comes to open, it will probably evoke the feeling of a long winding journey into the woods. Spooky!

Drove by the construction site the other week ... it's further down Sand Lake than I expected

The scale of the project is visibly epic even from a distance though

Universal's bus fleet will be nation's largest soon...?

On the internets, many people are comparing HTTYD Land with Toy Story Land.

Even favoring TSL because it has a "Dark Ride" (TSMM).

(Just a reminder, those same people were temporarily apoplectic when the 2 troughs of rock work were cut from Slinky Dog).

I don't think Universal is aiming at TSL, I think they are aiming at this...

Last edited:
Just want to say how much I appreciate and how lucky we are for @Alicia, Bio, and all the other in the community who keep us up to date on everything parks. A few years ago I didn’t know anything about the ins and outs of theme parks, now I’m reading up to the minute construction progress on a future park! Thank you for my continued interest in my newest hobby!

Late to the party, but rough look at how the path they are pouring now is for guests... but only the thick part under the coaster, not this skinny off shoots that go into the forest and towards the hub restaurant's backstage area.

View attachment 19935
I know it's been a controversial here, but I think the coaster is going to add great kinetics within the hub of the land. Pretty unique how the bulk of the coaster is circled by path while the station is somewhat removed from everything else.

I know it's been a controversial here, but I think the coaster is going to add great kinetics within the hub of the land. Pretty unique how the bulk of the coaster is circled by path while the station is somewhat removed from everything else.
It should help separate the two separate themed areas, since they are distinctly two different locations within the ride.