Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Knowing now more about what happened, I don’t think they had much of a choice as the usual track manufacturer wasn’t available and they had to contract out to Peterson Inc for the track.

But also, yea, I’m happy to be hearing that supposedly instead of cutting animatronics for some of the rides, including Monsters, it sounds like they’ve added more, (or rather greenlit what was almost cut).

So, money being spent on things we would want to see it spent on it seems.
This park really is going to be the best thing.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Building off this topic, we can really push back against that narrative that Epic is being "budget cut," considering even the couple recently seemingly put off hub dining locations are now literally under construction. The argument holds no water when we can see everything being built as planned, or in some cases, better.

(And yes, I do now feel that having no third Potter attraction at opening is better than making the mistake of opening with a VR attraction if it was destined to disappoint. But losing ONE attraction does not equate to "budget cut to hell" as some have claimed.)

Building off this topic, we can really push back against that narrative that Epic is being "budget cut," considering even the couple recently seemingly put off hub dining locations are now literally under construction. The argument holds no water when we can see everything being built as planned, or in some cases, better.

(And yes, I do now feel that having no third Potter attraction at opening is better than making the mistake of opening with a VR attraction if it was destined to disappoint. But losing ONE attraction does not equate to "budget cut to hell" as some have claimed.)
Without seeing the final product, it seems to be they’re going all out for this. It’s intended to be their best park and will eventually be their “Magic Kingdom” for lack of a better term. This park gets all the super goods.

Yes, I don't believe those Epic budget cut speculations. If anything, Epics' budget probably increased significantly over and above the original projections since it was covid delayed and construction costs, materials and labor, have soared. But I'd guess those increased Epic costs have probably affected the budgets at the present resort parks in a somewhat negative way.

Yes, I don't believe those Epic budget cut speculations. If anything, Epics' budget probably increased significantly over and above the original projections since it was covid delayed and construction costs, materials and labor, have soared. But I'd guess those increased Epic costs have probably affected the budgets at the present resort parks in a somewhat negative way.
While operations could probably use a boost, I was worried about some of the upcoming plans for new attractions, especially Zelda... but now that it's no longer being rumored to be a walk through and back to an actual ride my fears have gone away.

While operations could probably use a boost, I was worried about some of the upcoming plans for new attractions, especially Zelda... but now that it's no longer being rumored to be a walk through and back to an actual ride my fears have gone away.
That's a relief to hear. Whatever will be replacing Lost Continent will need a ride bad, one walkthrough won't be able to cut it at all. Speaking of, even the walkthrough plan for Zelda included a full retheme of the land right? Zelda existing within the LC wouldn't be the worst fit but I would still be surprised if they went that direction.

That's a relief to hear. Whatever will be replacing Lost Continent will need a ride bad, one walkthrough won't be able to cut it at all. Speaking of, even the walkthrough plan for Zelda included a full retheme of the land right? Zelda existing within the LC wouldn't be the worst fit but I would still be surprised if they went that direction.
It's still early in the rumor mill, but it's sounding good for the entire land to me. Okay, back to construction news, sorry for derailing.

I dunno, looks like they’re doing a loop around those trees.
The path with the arrow goes straight to an unthemed white wall that also has a sidewalk running parallel to it. That's definitely not something for guests.

I'm betting the looping path you are looking at is no different than the paths that run the length of the hub coaster. Staff access only for maintenance and landscaping.