Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe a wand training experience with a final “boss battle”? I could see that. A larger or more “upscale” version of the Boswer Jr games.
People seem to be hinting it's The Great Hall restaurant, though there's feasibly enough space back there for a smaller ride, a restaurant, and other experiences.

Kind of a wackadoodle system though if you need to go to Epic Universe to access The Great Hall. You don't go to Hogsmeade for the Great Hall restaurant and you don't go to London for the Ministry of Magic ride. You'd have to transfer to those places from Paris, like it's the Wizarding World version of the Denver airport.

Last edited:
People seem to be hinting it's The Great Hall restaurant, though there's feasibly enough space back there for a smaller ride, a restaurant, and other experiences.

Kind of a wackadoodle system though if you need to go to Epic Universe to access The Great Hall. You don't go to Hogsmeade for the Great Hall restaurant and you don't go to London for the Ministry of Magic ride. You'd have to transfer to those places from Paris, like it's the Wizarding World version of the Denver airport.
Welcome to Wizarding Paris, a place just to get to better places.

Welcome to Wizarding Paris, a place just to get to better places.
I don't blame them, the dining reservations and prices alone in such a restaurant would probably pay for the entire park.
At the 8:00 min mark, there's a clear shot of test samples for what the dome over the carousel will look like.

I feel like his drone gets closer to the ground with each successive video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S
Maybe a wand training experience with a final “boss battle”? I could see that. A larger or more “upscale” version of the Boswer Jr games.
How about a darker Minion's style mover ride with wands against Death Eaters, Giants, and Dementors (Battle for Hogwarts location). It wouldn't fit the time and location of "Paris" though.

Reactions: Ahmanet
What's going on with the pavement? I'm shocked that almost no pathways have been paved yet. Especially in Monsters where trees are already planted!
Guest walkways are usually themed (painted or "stamped" concrete), so probably coming later to save wear and tear on that.

Throwing this out there, I fully expect EU to get a "minor" attraction or two, like IOA did back when Storm Force and Flying Unicorn were added. Like little "sweeteners" for a park with a lot of major attractions. I don't know if the original VR attraction or a traditional dark ride falls into that category. I could see a larger water ride (Creature?) being a priority but not coming to the park until year 3-4. Opening year or two, they will still be tweaking things (adding shade!), but the building of Paris makes it easy to add construction while the whole park operates ten feet away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
Does no one else think a Potter Expansion in 2026 would be too soon? Wouldn't permits and construction for such an expansion have to start sometime within the next few months, if not now?
You are not wrong but I guess Rowling and Warner did write off on a 3 attractions land in EU so it could be that Universal has to deliver that after the broom experience was canceled. I myself would love to see a Newts suitcase of Fantastical Beasts dark ride being build on the huge expansion lot.

You are not wrong but I guess Rowling and Warner did write off on a 3 attractions land in EU so it could be that Universal has to deliver that after the broom experience was canceled. I myself would love to see a Newts suitcase of Fantastical Beasts dark ride being build on the huge expansion lot.

It is baffling that a low-stakes Fantastic Beasts tour of Newt's suitcase never seemed to be seriously on the table. Biggest slam dunk of an attraction I've ever heard and the only part of that tortured franchise that consistently appeals to the average joe.

It is baffling that a low-stakes Fantastic Beasts tour of Newt's suitcase never seemed to be seriously on the table. Biggest slam dunk of an attraction I've ever heard and the only part of that tortured franchise that consistently appeals to the average joe.
Agreed. Although I don't know if we have heard what the stage show will be. I think it has been hinted that it would be about the Circus Arcanus. But a Newt show would be easily workable. Imagine a stage show utilizing the Bourne Stuntacular effects with magical effects, practical animatonics for some of the medium size beasts. It would be a shame to have this section of Harry Potter and not include the best part of the Fantastic Beasts trilogy in that area.

Agreed. Although I don't know if we have heard what the stage show will be. I think it has been hinted that it would be about the Circus Arcanus. But a Newt show would be easily workable. Imagine a stage show utilizing the Bourne Stuntacular effects with magical effects, practical animatonics for some of the medium size beasts. It would be a shame to have this section of Harry Potter and not include the best part of the Fantastic Beasts trilogy in that area.

Personally, I would dust off the referenced patent. It could be a ride that takes you through various levels of his suitcase with some animatronics and some screens (ex. the kelpie).

However, with this being a construction thread, I should have put this in the other thread.

Those color and path tests are such a great tease of what's to come. The arches for the carousel are stunning even on those two test pieces. The full structure is going to look phenomenal.

Does no one else think a Potter Expansion in 2026 would be too soon? Wouldn't permits and construction for such an expansion have to start sometime within the next few months, if not now?
It does feel soon but if you remember the timeline shuffle because of the pandemic maybe 2026 was the original agreed date when the park was supposed open this year? They just never pushed back the date, and perhaps because of the cancelled VR project they decided to do it sooner than later and keep the date as-is.

Oh and landscaping. I’m super pumped about landscaping.
I'm surprised (and pleased) to see how many trees are being planted sporadically around the park now, even while heavy work is still going on. Those trees are going to be settled in nicely for 2025!