Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Setting aside the possibility/probability of the coaster running through there (and thereby possibly changing the plan), are there any solid guesses what this area on the site plan is meant to represent?
UCM.png

Those are very odd-looking shapes. Some kind of an outdoor walkthrough?
Some detail has been lost but the pointy end of the peen area those cut in sections are stairs, so that area would have been sunken slightly at least, same on the right near the bathrooms

wonder if universal will halt construction (remove cranes, stow equipment, clean up site) in prep for potential hurricane. Thankfully the projections have it to the west of us at the moment. So some thunderstorms and maybe high winds.

wonder if universal will halt construction (remove cranes, stow equipment, clean up site) in prep for potential hurricane. Thankfully the projections have it to the west of us at the moment. So some thunderstorms and maybe high winds.
Usually cranes are lowered and equipment is moved to high ground.

Reactions: Suchomimus
With the proximity to Shingle Creek they were smart to raise the land so much. When you look at the height difference along Sand Lake Road you really see they raised everything about 6-8 feet higher than the existing grade. Of course that may flood Lockheed Martin, the Orange County Sewer plant, and adjoining neighborhoods, but at least the park won't flood...

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT
With the proximity to Shingle Creek they were smart to raise the land so much. When you look at the height difference along Sand Lake Road you really see they raised everything about 6-8 feet higher than the existing grade. Of course that may flood Lockheed Martin, the Orange County Sewer plant, and adjoining neighborhoods, but at least the park won't flood...
Not allowed to let the runoff escape so if there is flooding caused by the Epic build then it has to be dealt with by Epic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko

Shingle Creek and the land they own is the 500 year storm floodplain I have spoken extensively on all of this stuff, and what youre suggesting just wouldnt happen, the water flows into the ponds not whereever it likes, and their water management plan accounts for 100 yr storm conditions and the excess capacity that goes with it

Shingle Creek and the land they own is the 500 year storm floodplain I have spoken extensively on all of this stuff, and what youre suggesting just wouldnt happen, the water flows into the ponds not whereever it likes, and their water management plan accounts for 100 yr storm conditions and the excess capacity that goes with it
I know that's always the plan with any new construction, but it often feels like there are still issues (especially here in Florida). I know the SunRail and I-4 projects are both supposed to have the same protections for the surrounding homes and businesses, but have both had issues anyway just from regular summer rain storms.

There's also the maintenance and human factor. If the drainage systems are not maintained or something is misplaced in the way of and blocks the proper flow.

Hopefully, yes, everything works right and according to plan.

Last edited: